summer concerts

Started by lena, Jul 17, 2003, 10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lena

so is anyone going to any summer concerts? Where is MMJ at right now? I'm going to see Fleetwood mac tonight. I've been waiting to see them live. In august i'm going to see lollapalooza with audioslave, perfect circle and janes addiction. That should be a great show also.  :) :) :)

hipkink

Woohoooo! I just found out that Bardo Pond is playing at this little coffee shop tonight! Does that count as a summer concert? The Go-Go's are playing the State Fair in Sacramento! I'm going to that... I want to see Bjork in S.F., but $60? Goo :P.  
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

Oz

I'm going to see Bright Eyes in about 3 weeks, then I'm going to Holland's most famous summerfestival, A Campingflight to Lowland's Paradise!  :)
I'm ready when you are

jezebel

There are no concerts in SW Florida in the summer...or ever, come to think of it. Of course, if anyone decided to play an outdoor show, they'd die of heat stroke or instantaneous contraction of West Nile by one of the jurassic mosquitoes, and currently there are all of no indoor venues to play. I am making the 2.5 hour trek to Tampa to see Starflyer next weekend, and I have picked up some shows on the trips to LA, but currently i'm tres deprived.

hipkink, $60 is a down payment, but if you get to see Bjork and one of the various Will Oldham incarnations I'd have to say it's definitely worth it. the go-go's goes without saying...i have some rainbow colored legwarmers if you need them  :)

lena

hipkink,  have you seen bjork live before? i've never had the chance. so what kind of music is  bardo pond?                                                                                                                   O, I've heard several people talk about bright eyes what kind of music dothey play?                                                       Jezebel, sorry to hear about that.                                  

Oz

Hey, Lena - Bright Eyes is a band that's centered around Connor Oberst, who also sings in Desaparicidos. Bright Eyes is mainly pop, blues and folk, extremely emotional and intense. Oberst screams his longs out, with heavy lyrics dealing with depression, grieve, those sort of things. They're really intense. You should check out the website of Saddle Creek Records, they have some mp3's of 'em.
I'm ready when you are

hipkink

I should just pay the $60. I know I should. Rainbow colored legwarmers would be great! I was afraid that I would be the only one there without them! As for Bardo Pond. They were amazing the other night. The only way I can describe them is - they're like Mogwai with a female singer who also plays the flute and the violin. If you haven't heard Mogwai - They're a very loud, and lulling band from Scotland. They go from soft, lilting melodies, to full-blown, distortion ravaged madness in a matter of seconds. Bardo Pond is like that, only with a flute, violin, and lady singer. And she's awesome. She sounds like an angel.
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

lena

thanks for the info you guys. I'll tale a listen to them. sounds like some stuff i'd listen to.