The Jacket Shack-September?

Started by johnconaway, Jul 17, 2003, 01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Louisville and/or regional posters:  I repeat my call for some kind of gathering/saurez/party/excuse for rampant drinking, perhaps in September right around the release of It Still Moves.  

Any interested parties?  I'd be happy to host it at my humble abode, capacity somewhere around 30 if we hang in the backyard.

Let me know.  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

jacksoncooper

Count me in.  A listening party is certainly in order.

Does anyone have any clue about whether or not the band will be doing a Louisville CD release show?  I hope they play here sometime soon after in comes out.

Anyhow, sign me up for the party John.

danilove

Don't have a date for ya, but you can prolly bet yer britches and yer bitches that our boys wouldn't dare overlook the greatest little big town of 'em all...we just gotta hold our horses and stay tuned...  ::)
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

hipkink

Man - that sounds like fun. Right now, Angie and I are talking about booking a bar or something in town for a listening party. Know that our hearts will be with all of you in and around Louisville!
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

bad bad leroy brown

*RSVP's*

Due to the fact that I have no backyard (backyards are a rarity in Old Louisville), and my landlord seems to take an unusual pleasure in calling the authorities -- my place is out as a venue.  Unless everyone wants to cram into my livingroom and be really really quiet.

marktwain

I'd bet it wouldn't be hard to book the Rud, if we did it on a weeknight (for example, the 9th).  
NOw that I think abt it, I wonder if any of the record stores are doing a midnight sale--anyone know?

jezebel

There's no reason there shouldn't be a listening party in Louisville...call ear X-tacy and see if they have anything planned that midnight. They can be quite accommodating if you give them enough notice.

Everywhere else, I'd say check with your local record store--a lot of times they'll be more than happy to provide the space & sound if you provide the audience. Plus it's a perfect way to meet more Jacket fans, who, as we discovered, generally tend to be good souls all around. Now's the time to get movin'...

Pinte

I'll probalby be in Louisville late September, but the album release is the first week in Sep. or something like that, right?

marktwain

:oHold on to yr saddles...  I was talking to one of the folks at Ear X-tacy last night and I asked him if they were planning a midnight sale for "It Still Moves".  According to this dude, plans are still up in the air, but Ear X-tacy is trying to get MMJ to do a parking lot concert in September to coincide with the cd release!!

bad bad leroy brown

peanut butter puddin surprise

Man, that would be freakin' AWESOME.  How do we go about to see that happens?  Start bribing the owner of Ear-Xtacy??
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there