Bonnie 'Prince' Billy on tour...?

Started by jezebel, Jul 09, 2003, 08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jezebel

A friend of mine who frequently finds out things before I do said that she was perusing the Internet the other day and discovered a list of tantalizing tour dates...and that this Will Oldham incarnation is opening for Bjork on her next tour!!?!! Has anyone else heard anything about this?

RyanCorpse

Bonnie prince is on my bjork ticket stub. so yeah it's happening.

Oz

Damn! Are they coming to Europe with that as well?
I'm ready when you are

Pinte

Saw BPB twice this summer. In Roskilde and in Stockholm. Amazing show both times. He played with a band (drums, 2 guitars, badd, fiddle, although the other guitarist must have been ill or something when they were in Stockholm cus he didn't participate in that show) and you could hardly recognize the songs from the album - but it was still GREAT!

Also caught a glimpse of Daniel Johnston in Roskilde - good, but it didn't feel like the right venue.

At the same one day festival as BPB played in Stockholm, Nashville's Kings of Leon played their first ever gig in Sweden and it was awesome too.

lfish

Damn, I love his voice so much, especially his voice on the I see a darkness album.  It's just fantastic music. Does anyone really knows why the jacket don't like him? I also like to see him live once, but I guess he doesn't tour a lot here in Europe, especially not in Belgium.  But I guess he's not so popular as mmj, here in Belgium.
lfish

hipkink

I got last minute tickets to see Bjork and Bonnie Prince Billy in S.F. Amazing. It was. . . special. I don't know how to describe it. What a perfect night! There was no band with Will. Just him with a harpsichord, I think. I was kinda far away. But he sounded incredible. He sounded perfect. And Bjork was super too! Fireworks and pyro-technics. She's a helluva dancer too. I love her. That's it. I'm in love with Bjork. I'm sorry. I'm rambling. I can't think of that show and keep a straight head.
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.