Haunted Shelbyville??

Started by fakeplasticSpivey, Sep 14, 2003, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fakeplasticspivey

SHELBYVILLE, Ky. (Sept. 7) - Stymied by mysterious sights and sounds in their own headquarters, cops in Shelbyville called in the ghostbusters.

In the still of night, doors rattled and stairwells creaked in the city's police department. In the light of day, a secretary's desk drawer opened on its own. A city worker who toured the building late one night even reported feeling something grab her leg.

So the police took the probe to another dimension.

``The way I treat it is not that there is a ghost, there's just things that I can't explain,'' said Officer John Wilson, who contacted the Scientific Investigative Ghost Hunting Team, based in Louisville.

The team of professional paranormal investigators gave the brick building a preliminary review and will return this fall for a thorough probe. The group will set up cameras and tape recorders as well as infrared thermometers to capture any temperature variations.

The goal is to try to prove the strange occurrences aren't caused by paranormal forces, said Kay Owen, vice president of the nonprofit ghost hunting team, which doesn't charge for its services.

``We'll go in and try to recreate everything that they are experiencing,'' she said. ``If they can recreate it, it's not paranormal. It can be explained. It's a process of elimination.''         

09/07/03 13:01 EDT

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.  All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

Sal Paradise

oh shit run! oh shit run! oh shit run thru the ghetto
they will hear you
mornin bell tolls at home
rings loud back where i come from
calls me back
often times i would hope and pray
then faith came my way
oh shit run! oh..........
it's what appears to me
oh shit run! oh..........
it's what appears to me