The Jacket Moved to Brooklyn?

Started by Spoon, Sep 07, 2003, 03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoon

The Massachusetts Daily Collegian article posted on this site (see It Still Moves Press) claims that the Jacket moved to Brooklyn.  Am I really out of the loop on this one?  Is that true and when did that happen?  The article is really poorly written, so I wouldn't be surprised if the facts were wrong.

Spoon

http://www.dailycollegian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/09/05/3f58109642927

My Morning Jacket revives southern rock

by Brendan Lee, Collegian Staff
September 05, 2003

"It Still Moves" finds its roots in MMJ's previous offerings, the same records that drew high profile praise from Foo Fighter (and session drummer to the stars) Dave Grohl and Dave Matthews. The album also serves as a major label debut, through Matthews's own vanity label, ATO. Although singer Jim James and the boys swore up and down that moving to Brooklyn with all the other cool kids wouldn't change them (cough ... haircuts ... ahem), the songwriting on "It Still Moves" has vastly improved over their past efforts, giving a more concise tone to the band's winding, ramshackle style. A major league recording budget didn't hurt the indie-rock superstars either.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Hmmm...notice the lack of an actual quote.  Somehow, I don't see this as gospel, but who am I?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Ralph Hurley

the author needs a rock-n-roll spell checker too... he spelled Lynyrd Skynyrd wrong...  >:(