ZZ Top fans

Started by ycartrob, Jan 05, 2004, 07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

OK, I have been very (very) disappointed with all the old ZZ Top albums on CD (Deguello and before)b/c someone had a "great" idea to go back and re-mix them, adding enough treble to make my fillings (and feelings) emit sharp pain through my head. Now, they have come out with this Box set, and it states that these are the original analog recordings. My question, does anyone kow about a plan to release the entire catalog of these original analogs, or is it just a box set thing? I lost my albums a while back, and listening to the high end snare roll at the opening of Francine (as apposed to the original) makes me want to crawl in a box and weep. Anyone know anything? Anyone have an opinion on the high end mistakes of re-issue? Any OLD ZZ Top fans out there? :-/
See you in Knoxville on my birthday! ;D ;D

peanut butter puddin surprise

Not really a ZZ Top fan (although back in the day Del Fuego could be heard crankin' from my dad's 8-Track, now THAT is high fidelity!  :D)....
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

songsandbongs

I like ZZ Top.  I really want to get that blues album they have out, but everytime I go to a record store I can never remeber the albums I want and I end up just wandering around and buying some random album.  O well...

tom

yo zz top rocks  even if they are like 90 years old. but hay the best comes from the least expected.