2004...the year of rock n roll

Started by johnconaway, May 28, 2004, 04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

what's that?  oh yeah-this is the year of rock n roll.  so many good, great, and fantastic shows !

it sure feels that way...goin' to lexington to see 9 Pound Hammer tonite, got MMJ in Cincy, Pittsburgh, and Louisville, Lollopolooza, Interpol, Al Green...I'm gonna be deaf before it's all over with!

Rock on.  What's your concert goin' year look like?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

I'm mostly looking forward to the end of June and the beginning of July. I'm gonna go to Berlin, see the Pixies over there on June the 29th and Patti Smith on July the 16th. Boy, those will be smashing weeks...  :)
I'm ready when you are

wordawg

Going to see MMJ in July in London and again a the Leeds Festival in August. Looking to see the Wildhearts again as soon as possible and would urge everybody to do the same - excellent live band.....and so are MMJ!

Which is nice.
the future is Ginger

MMJ_fanatic

MMJ in the Northeast baby!  Probably Lolla, Projekt Revolution Festival, Nickelback/3 Doors Down (for my woman friend, tho' I like some of their stuff too).  More to come I'm sure!!!!!!!!  Oh yeah, I just remembered, I wanna catch Prince too--have never been able to catch him....
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

D

Don't rub our face in it O.
Wish I could see that show.... :-/

lfish

Definetely mmj in Diksmuide on the fourht of july(without Tom Cruise I hope).  

lfish

http://ninepoundhammer.homestead.com/

Okay, this was the group I went to Lexington last weekend for..holy shite, they rawk!  

Hard to describe, except maybe "cowpunk", and it definitely has a Kentucky-fried flavor to it.  Check em out, it sure does rock live...

marktwain

John, my one and only experience with 9 Pound Hammer was 10 years ago ( shit, that makes me feel old) at a now-defunct venue in Lex called the Wrocklage.  I was a small town 16-year-old kid, and I had certainly never seen anything like them before.  THey rocked my effing socks, but I hadn't thought about this band in years, and I'm glad to hear they're still going strong!

marktwain

by the way, what the hell is whiteball?

Quoteby the way, what the hell is whiteball?

Muwhahahahha!

"whiteball" refers to any game of billiards where the player scratches so often, he/she gives an enormous advantage to the other players...I talk a lot of shit round the pool table, but rarely deliver on it.  this also refers to an endless round of pool played with Patrick in which I was soundly, embarassingly defeated by he and my friend Will, mainly due to the scratching.

I was wondering when someone would ask about that... ;)

oh, and yes, 9 Pound Hammer are old crusties like me, but keep on rawkin' in the free world!  

they played at The Dame, a damn fine nightclub for such activities...

dogandponyshow

Better make sure to hit the last Guided By Voices tour....tragic Pollard and the boys are shutting it down.

D.

marktwain

A couple I'd like to make in Louisville:
Iron & Wine - 7/3
Al Green - 7/4

Tameegee

Quote What's your concert goin' year look like?
Haven't gotten into gear yet this year.  Only seen a local (North Carolina) group called 'Patty Hurst Shifter' and a great little-known group called "Two Cow Garage" three times this year.  Not alot happenin in South Carolina.  If I don't travel to Atlanta, Raleigh, et. al., I don't see alot of shows. :'(

If anybody can recommend some cool up-coming shows this year within a 6 hour driving distance of SC, I'd love to hear about them.

"Don't let your silly dreams, fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall."

tameegee in sc

MMJ_fanatic

Quoteoh, and yes, 9 Pound Hammer are old crusties like me, but keep on rawkin' in the free world!  

they played at The Dame, a damn fine nightclub for such activities...

Yeah these guys are wicked rockers--I hope they head to my neck of the woods this summer....
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

corey

Yeah, this is the year of Rock and Roll.
I'm gonna see MMJ for the first time in a few weeks in Nashville. Bobby Bare Jr is opening up and that's gonna kick ass.
I'm gonna be seeing Cake the night before that. Never seen them. Should be fun...

I've already seen the Drive-By Truckers 4 times this year. I saw Jason Isbell and his wife Shonna do an acoustic show last week in Nashville and will be seeing them again on Friday. I can't wait.