"Elizabethtown" Soundtrack

Started by 40223, Jun 28, 2004, 10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

For those of you outside of Kentuckiana, Cameron Crowe is making a new movie called "Elizabethtown" that is being filmed in Elizabethtown, KY (less than an hour from Louisville).  This got me thinking about the soundtrack for the movie, since he is almost as famous (pardon the pun)for his soundtracks as for the movies (Almost Famous, Say Anything, Vanilla Sky, etc.).  Anyways, I can think of no better time for MMJ to cross over into the Soundtrack world than with this movie--especially after the Coors Commercial.  Let me know what you all think--and what song(s) you would want in the soundtrack.  

Drunkre

it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

peanut butter puddin surprise

having been to elizabethtown, i'd say only mellow acoustic numbers do justice for the landscape.  "bermuda highway" comes to mind almost immediately, so i'll nominate that as my choice.

"run thru" would be a great choice if the movie were about Pittsburgh or Baltimore, or some other large city.  if there's a ghetto in elizabethtown, it's mighty small and hidden from view...just my two cents.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Right now my favorite would be "Golden."  If aliens or space travel is somehow involved, then I would pick "Run Thru." If the movie somehow needs a 25 minute kickass transition song between scenes, the only choice Mr. Crowe has is "Cobra."

marktwain

I read that Cameron Crowe is a fan.  THere was some "What I'm listening to" article somewhere where he mentioned It Still Moves.

So, this is a real possibility!

I vote for a 2 1/2 hour music video for an extended Cobra jam.  

Sal Paradise

Cameron Crowe is apparently a big fan. Saw him at the LA Roxy show last year! So yeah, original MMJ soundtrack please  8)
The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

Drunkre

not really nominating Run Thru for the ghetto thingy, just thought the real moody shit would be cool for the whole hick town angle (I live in a hick town, so no givin me shit).
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

lyricjunkie

I live in a hick town too... ;D Proud of it!
I think if there are any love scenes...don't have a clue the movies' premis... try "Come Closer"  or "Hopefully"... ;)  Or...ALL NEW ORIGINAL STUFF!!!  That would be really cool! :D
Talk less....
Say more.

MMJ_fanatic

If there are any bar scenes (honky tonk) Dancefloors would be cool. It Beats 4 U would be a pretty good love scene backing.  Cruisng down a dirt country road shold be accompanied by a blasting version of Easy Mornin' Rebel!  Did I miss any scene possibilities? :-X
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

hey, sorry for the literal translation here.  my creative juices must be on hiatus.

you are all correct.  these songs (and others) just beg to be part of many landscapes-your car, your home, perhaps a movie you are watching.  all part of the "master plan"... ;)

lyricjunkie

ooooohhh.... I love a clever mind! :D :-*
Talk less....
Say more.

TheMollusk

ive got a clever idea, stop dwelling on things like soundtracks to movies that dont exist yet and what songs should go on them. mmj is my fav. band and a lot of stuff in this forum is half interesting, but most of you have to really think about yourselves...eg: should i get a life?
ha ha

marktwain

Quoteive got a clever idea, stop dwelling on things like soundtracks to movies that dont exist yet and what songs should go on them. mmj is my fav. band and a lot of stuff in this forum is half interesting, but most of you have to really think about yourselves...eg: should i get a life?
ha ha

What a shitty thing to say.  If your life is superior to ours, why are you here posting?  If you're not interested in what somebody has to say, don't read it, and don't respond.  And please, don't be a jackass.

lyricjunkie

hey...sea mussel mouth...

I have enough assholes in my life... why don't you smoke something natural and chill... you seem to have been left in the sun too long... you are beginning to smell.
Talk less....
Say more.

MMJ_fanatic

Quotehey...sea mussel mouth...

I have enough assholes in my life... why don't you smoke something natural and chill... you seem to have been left in the sun too long... you are beginning to smell.

YEEEEEOUCH!  I guess the molloser is back in his shell now.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

TheMollusk

well its just that i guess the posts i feel most compelled to respond to are the threads that keep going on and on about essentially nothing. i mean, why do you all try and decide what song is going to be on the soundtrack to a movie you have never seen and then try and guess the scenes in the movie and what song will be playing? it doesnt make any sense, yet somehow you all seem to collectively agree to disagree on a point that never was. oh well, keep up the good work i guess.

SMc55

Quotei mean, why do you all try and decide what song is going to be on the soundtrack to a movie you have never seen and then try and guess the scenes in the movie and what song will be playing?

Cos it's fun, I suppose.

just like other boards have countless threads on "the meaning of salmon pink paint on a garage door in Topeka, and the implications therein", we're spinning tales here (sometimes) on these subjects.  dr's right, it is fun.

"the meaning of salmon pink paint on a garage door in Topeka, and the implications therein",

Usually Topekans that have salmon pink paint on their garage doors have problems standing up to bullies.  Well, MR. Mussel, I no longer have salmon pink paint on my garage door, and I am not from Kansas anymore. Therefore I am ready to set forth the ruckus like Arnold from the television show Different Strokes when he finally confronted The Gooch.

OMFG!  

QuoteThe Gooch

my friend in WV had a band once called "the gooch".  kinda space rockin' music...everytime something came up that involved a personality like the "gooch", we'd use that word in conversation like we were using "you" or "friend" or any other interchangeable noun....

do you know what a "gooch" is?  :o