Midnight Ramble

Started by whothrewthecake, Jan 31, 2005, 11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whothrewthecake

on march 26, my friend and my father and i are flying up to woodstock, NY for levon helm's midnight ramble at his studio/home in woodstock with his incredible band. it's sure to be an amazing evening. i was wondering if any of you had been to woodstock or even the ramble? i've never been to upstate NY, so i don't know what to expect weather-wise. we are all pretty much in shock we are going, too! levon is one of my all-time favorite musicians/people.

marktwain

Never been to woodstock, though I've got roots in upstate N.Y.  It's incredibly beautiful, but it's gonna be cold as hell.

Have fun.  Wish I were going

EC

It is NOT gonna be cold as hell.   :)  It'll be early Spring-like.  There might be some snow, but it shouldn't be too bad.  Like, light winter jackety, or even, sometimes it can be really warm.  Like sweater-only warm.  (I'm assuming upstate NY is like Toronto...)

Wow, whothrewthecake, that sounds really, really, like how many times can I say really, amazing.  

I absolutely love seeing shows with my Dad.  AND you get to go on a trip.

Have a terrific time, and take pictures if you can!!

whothrewthecake

i can't wait, i'm really counting down the days. thanks for all the weather tips...and i will DEFINITELY be taking photos. especially if i could get a photo with levon. i might pass out.  ;)