funny story

Started by Elizanne33, Mar 16, 2005, 02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elizanne33

I thought I would share this since there are quite a few teachers/student teachers here.  

This morning I was typing and printing some papers for my master teacher while she did a lesson with the kids. I couldn't figure out how to turn the volume down on the computer. It was beeping loudly everytime I used spell check or saved something. I was trying my best to not be too disruptive.  

Anyway, as I was printing the printer had a paper jam. The computer beeped loudly then, to my astonishment, a computer voice started talking about alignment and printing, etc. I was shocked, because I totally did not expect the computer to talk. I hit the cancel button for the print, but the printer kept going. I was thinking to myself, what the hell are you doing! Then the computer beeped again and the voice came back on and said, it's not my fault. It sounded like it was yelling at me because the volume was so loud. I thought holy shit it's reading my thoughts and talking back to me. It was creepy. The kids thought it was the funniest thing ever. They kept asking me what I did to the computer.

I'm used to seeing a dialouge box pop up with directions or help, not a voice talking to me. It was a very unexpected moment of silliness this morning.

EC

MMJ_fanatic

hey at least ya made the kids' day
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Godfather

maybe it does know your thoughts.... ;)
Without MMJ my state of Kentucky would only have horses, whiskey, tobacco, and weed, so thank you..

Drunkre

awesome shot of Dylan there guy.

I was being observed by my university supervisor the other day, and I was illustrating a point by talking about a conversation my wife and I had.  Now, earlier in the semester, I had admitted to having a first wife, and that I was now on my second go round.  Well, as I began my illustration I said, "I once told my wife..." at which point one of the kids said, "Which one?"  This resulted in general hilarity (Har-dee-har-har), but my supervisor simply smiled and went about her business. WHEW!

Also, this is kind of off the subject but not really.  I've been playing music for the kids during some of the lessons when I have had music that matched the cultures we're discussing (i.e. I used Ravi Shankar's music to illustrate India; Beethoven when we were talking about Romanticism; etc.)  The other day we were talking about Australia, so I found some didgeridoo music.  Surprisingly, I've had a couple of kids bring blank cds asking me to burn them some songs (I should throw some MMJ on there just for good luck)
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home