Main Menu

Por Vida

Started by Chills, May 14, 2005, 03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chills

I don't know if you've ever heard of a guy called Alejandro Esovedo. He's a very talented musician, who fell ill with Hepatitis C in 2003. As he alone couldn't carry the financial repercussions a very cool tribute album called Por Vida was put together by his friends and fans. And this man has very good friends:

Lucinda Williams, John Cale, Steve Earle, Calexico, Cowboy Junkies, Howe Gelb, Ian Hunter (Mott The Hoople), Jayhawks, Son Volt and M Ward all contribute...

His own album Gravity is another good place to start.

antoniostrohs

Alejandro Escovedo is an amazing singer songwriter.Have seen him numerous times.Times do get tough for muscians  touring with no health care coverage.The good news is he feeling better and is back on the road touring again.He is actually doing two shows in Lexington KY at The Dame June 3 and 4th.Definitely worth seeing for all of us Kentucky folks.

Chills

Escovedo indeed, I knew I was missing a letter somewhere!
Glad to hear he is touring again.

Drunkre

I thought this was a post about Rage Against the Machine getting back together or something.

"Por vida/and my name upon the stall/I took a death trip/when I tried to cross the white wall"

Anyone see that pic of Zack in the latest Spin (the one with Trent Reznor on the cover)?  No dreadlocks; just what looks to be a giant afro.
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home