The Fans...hooking up

Started by johnconaway, May 24, 2005, 01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

er, wait...that sounds kinda funky.  hey, if fans are "hooking up" well that's freaking fantastique.

anyhoo, i'm curious (once again) if fans are getting together in the respective cities where shows are...hoisting a few drinks, toasting the band's good name, etc.  I know EC and co. are going to roll into my village for some fun on their upcoming road trip...and our very own Mr. Riny should be here in June for some festivities...I guess I believe y'all are a fan based community of folks who SHOULD hang out, exchange ideas, etc.  I know in my own experience all of the fantastic times I've met fans over the years in Louisville (and elsewhere!) have been just awesome.  soooooooooooooooooo...........whaddya say?  meet up for a few preshow beers?  eat a nice dinner at a fellow fan's house or restaurant?  i'm doing all of the above...you should too!  ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

corey

EC will be in Bamalamaland the day before the BHAM show. Then she will be at the show the next night with me, my wife, sweatboard, and drunkre. I think EC has talked to all of them about at least hanging out in the parking lot before the show at Sloss. Should be good times...

EC

And then there's the big lot that'll meet at Bonnaroo.  Highly wicked. :)

tomEisenbraun

Hell yeah, I'm planning on sharin a beer and some tunes with all y'all at Bonnaroo.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

wordawg

If they ever come back to England, you are all welcome up here.
the future is Ginger

EC

QuoteIf they ever come back to England, you are all welcome up here.

That would be exceptionally fun.  It's too bad that travel takes so long and is so expensive.  I wish that you and dith could come out.  

plank10

Don't know if anyone going or not but Lucero is playing at Uncle Pleasants on Friday and I happen to be in town from DC so i'll be there. should be good fun for all.

SMc55

That would be exceptionally fun.  It's too bad that travel takes so long and is so expensive.  I wish that you and dith could come out.  

Yeah, trying not to get to jealous as I see you all making your arrangements to meet up. Hope you all have a fab time (but wish we could be there.)

Drunkre

I just got my work schedule for the week of the 3rd of June.  I'm off the all day Friday, and Saturday the 4th, so give me a ring a ding ding here in Bamalamaland.  We'll get drunk(re).
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

ayebee

well, the funny thing is, i just heard MMJ last night for the first time. i was on a first date with a pretty amazing guy. we pulled up to a scenic neighborhood and parked. the nervous butterflies were born once again. he slid a tape-yes, it is 2005 and he slid a tape in-and it was this 'out of this world' sound that just kept pulling us through. needless to say, it lead to an amazing first kiss. it was the perfect accent to an amazing moment with my boy! :) so, yes, fans are hooking up!

peace kids,
ab

Chills

that's sweet! can you find out what cd (tape) or song was on?

Jellyfish

Quotewell, the funny thing is, i just heard MMJ last night for the first time. i was on a first date with a pretty amazing guy. we pulled up to a scenic neighborhood and parked. the nervous butterflies were born once again. he slid a tape-yes, it is 2005 and he slid a tape in-and it was this 'out of this world' sound that just kept pulling us through. needless to say, it lead to an amazing first kiss. it was the perfect accent to an amazing moment with my boy! :) so, yes, fans are hooking up!

peace kids,
ab

I like that story....I think MMJ makes great make-out music. ;)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

ayebee

Quotethat's sweet! can you find out what cd (tape) or song was on?

yea it was "Just One Thing" on It Still Moves. wow, it really added quite an atmosphere and euphoria that i've never experienced. or maybe it was just because it was my first kiss with this guy! :)

MickeyReds

see yall in philly at wilco mmj
As long as you keep a straight face...

EC

yea it was "Just One Thing" on It Still Moves. wow, it really added quite an atmosphere and euphoria that i've never experienced. or maybe it was just because it was my first kiss with this guy! :)
That is so great.  It's probably a mix of everything.  I love making out to MMJ.

TheMadHatter

Olwiggum,EC,and Drunkre were at the B,ham show.I met all 3 of them.Really nice people.Drunkre made off with a drumstick after the show,pretty funny stuff!
The Mad Hatter,he waits for Alice to come to tea again.