Main Menu

Bourbon

Started by johnconaway, May 10, 2005, 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmoothOprtr

I'm sure this will piss people off, but I think Jack Daniels is total shit.... it has a famous name but the product doesn't deliver.  Much like people blow a load for Absolute vodka, despite their being dozens of better choices... sour mash whiskey is terrible...
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Oz

So, as was mentioned in another topic, VHS or Beta played over here in Utrecht a couple of weeks ago. In between two songs the singer started to talk about Kentucky. "We're from Louisville in Kentucky. Any of you drink Bourbon? Kentucky is like the only place in the world Bourbon is made!" Absolute silence. "Okay, so none of you give a damn about Bourbon..."

Then, as the band was already beginning with the next song: "There's another band from Louisville called My Morning Jacket, does anyone know them?" About ten people cheered enthousiastically.

;D
I'm ready when you are

marktwain

QuoteI'm sure this will piss people off, but I think Jack Daniels is total shit.... it has a famous name but the product doesn't deliver.  Much like people blow a load for Absolute vodka, despite their being dozens of better choices... sour mash whiskey is terrible...

NY Times did a blind taste test of all the fancy, pricey new vodkas, and they threw in Smirnoff just on a lark.  Smirnoff won, hands down.

aMillionDreams

QuoteI'm sure this will piss people off, but I think Jack Daniels is total shit.... it has a famous name but the product doesn't deliver.  

You're not pissing me off, I think you're absolutely right.  I think Old Forrester tastes better than Jack Daniels and it is half the price.  I think that people who have always drank Jack Daniels just think that whiskey is suppose to taste like shit.  Ask anyone in the bourbon capital of the world and they'll tell you that Jack is shit and point you in the direction of dozens of Kentucky bourbons that put Jack to shame.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

peanut butter puddin surprise

You're not pissing me off, I think you're absolutely right.  I think Old Forrester tastes better than Jack Daniels and it is half the price.  I think that people who have always drank Jack Daniels just think that whiskey is suppose to taste like shit.  Ask anyone in the bourbon capital of the world and they'll tell you that Jack is shit and point you in the direction of dozens of Kentucky bourbons that put Jack to shame.

Not to absolutely piss off any JD drinkers out there, but Jack Daniels tastes like ostrich turds blended with sour buttermilk compared to the plethora of bourbons offered right here in Kentucky.  Kinda like comparing Milli Vanilli to Pavoratti.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

SmoothOprtr

Glad some of your agree with me... not being from Kentucky, I'm sur some of you know of bourbon/whiskys I havn't had that are great...  JD sucks though

As for Smirnoff winning a vodka competition- is it that suprising... thing of the average vodka drinker... I think Miller Light would win a beet tasting at a frat house but that means nothing considering the clientel...
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

marktwain

QuoteI think Miller Light would win a beet tasting at a frat house

I would LOVE to go to a beet tasting at a frat house!  that's something you don't see every day.
Would you like to taste my beet?

I would LOVE to go to a beet tasting at a frat house!  that's something you don't see every day.
Would you like to taste my beet?

I just pissed my pants laughing at that one...hope your happy!  ;D

marktwain

I'm glad you like my picture, John.  That was me circa 1997.

the fact that the beet is actually phallic looking really makes this one of the most hilarious posts ever, esp. when you factor in the unfortunate misspelling.  no offense to mr. smoothoperator, btw.  even my daughter is giggling right now!

marktwain

Oh, yeah. Absolutely no offense intended.

SmoothOprtr

lol, none taken...very funny

fatboy

I wish the band would give their impression of Eagle Rare 10 Year-Old?  Personnally thought it was really good!
Any thoughts?
-fb

sounds like I'll have to have a taste test...or Pepsi challenge, as it were.  ;)

SmoothOprtr

I've never heard of it either...

EC

What will I do now that it's very, very hard to get Knob Creek?

I just had a big post-drive one thanks to Mr. antoniostrohs.  (thank you!! :))

Damn it.  

I came home to an angry cat, a very very hot apartment, a crazy moth outbreak in my room and a rejection letter for a recording grant.  

Why did I come home?

sweatboard

Your apartment will cool off, your cat will snuggle with you, you'll have another drink, remeber that you write beautiful songs, and tommorow the sun will come out ......You should jave a drink and play "Time" to me all the way from Toronto to Tennessee.  ;)
There's Still Time.........

EC

QuoteYour apartment will cool off, your cat will snuggle with you, you'll have another drink, remeber that you write beautiful songs, and tommorow the sun will come out ......You should jave a drink and play "Time" to me all the way from Toronto to Tennessee.  ;)

You are a supreme being of pure loveliness.  I am vibing Time to you right now.  :)

(do you have an mp3?  do you want one?)

sweatboard

You are a supreme being of pure loveliness.  I am vibing Time to you right now.  :)

(do you have an mp3?  do you want one?)

Yes send me one please.  Actually when you get a chance just send me all that you can.  Thanks,

Brian
There's Still Time.........

EC

Yes send me one please.  Actually when you get a chance just send me all that you can.  Thanks,

Brian

Okay.   ;D
(I just have to make it through 186 emails.  Man.)