Mar 21, 2019, 01:52 am

Pearl Jam

Started by waxy, Aug 24, 2005, 11:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

I'll bump this when it gets closer, but for those coming to Seattle for PJ, a good friend of mine (and fellow MMJ fan) is brewer and part owner of an amazing brewery that is one mile south of Safeco field, great place to pregame. Seapine Brewing

www.seapinebrewing.com


Cameron

I'll definitely check it out.

PJ released a new song today also.

APR

I'm into Seapine for pregame too.  Please bump the recommendation as the date gets closer.  The way PJ announced these Home shows as a headliner implies that there will be opener(s).  The Away shows just said PJ if I remember correctly.

I listened to the new song a few times.  I'm sure they'll play it this spring and summer.

walterfredo

Also, just found out SubPop is having their 30th anniversary festival on Saturday 8/11 at Alki Beach in West Seattle. And it's feee! The bands have not been announced yet but a peek at their 20th anniversary party has me hopeful for some killer bands. For their 20th they had (among many others) mudhoney, iron and wine, fleet foxes, foals, flight of the concords. We actually rented a house about a block away so we can just walk there. A friend of mine that knows someone who is organizing the event says it's Saturday and Sunday but SubPop only mentions Saturday in their announcement.

https://www.subpop.com/news/2018/01/12/spf30_sub_pops_30th_anniversary_party_at_alki_beach_in_west_seattle_is_saturday_august_11th_2018


wheelhousetunes

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 11, 2018, 06:42 pm
Also, just found out SubPop is having their 30th anniversary festival on Saturday 8/11 at Alki Beach in West Seattle. And it's feee! The bands have not been announced yet but a peek at their 20th anniversary party has me hopeful for some killer bands. For their 20th they had (among many others) mudhoney, iron and wine, fleet foxes, foals, flight of the concords. We actually rented a house about a block away so we can just walk there. A friend of mine that knows someone who is organizing the event says it's Saturday and Sunday but SubPop only mentions Saturday in their announcement.

https://www.subpop.com/news/2018/01/12/spf30_sub_pops_30th_anniversary_party_at_alki_beach_in_west_seattle_is_saturday_august_11th_2018




Cool! If Kyle Craft is part of the lineup, I'm there.


walterfredo

hell yeah, excited to see beach house!

walterfredo

Father John Misty added to subpop 30 fest.

Also, may have an extra PJ ticket for Friday. Will know in a few days.

walterfredo

Thoroughly enjoyed PJ on Friday. Good stuff.

Also just walked out of jack White in Seattle and he busted a great cover of Daughter.

sillyboob

Caught their show in Missoula last night and they definitely brought it. Great show, got covers of Imagine, Know Your Rights, & RITFW. Great venue and perfect weather for a show.
2012: 8/3  2015: 1/31  2/1  2/3  8/14  2017: 2/4  2/5  2/7  7/7  2018: 3/2  3/3  3/5

rkwedge

Friday was a great show in Seattle. Super glad I didn't know some guy was flying around in a stolen plane ready to die.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

johnnYYac

The wife and I are gearing up for our first ever Pearl Jam concert at Wrigley Field on Saturday. I'm frustrated that it took this long to finally see these guys live, but better late than never...
Close enough!

Shug

Quote from: rkwedge on Aug 14, 2018, 07:56 pm
Friday was a great show in Seattle. Super glad I didn't know some guy was flying around in a stolen plane ready to die.


Was that the epic 35 song show with two encores 8 songs each?  Wow, those dudes like to play!  I have not seen 'em in a long long time.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2018/safeco-field-seattle-wa-3be8bca8.html
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

sillyboob

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 15, 2018, 03:41 pm
The wife and I are gearing up for our first ever Pearl Jam concert at Wrigley Field on Saturday. I'm frustrated that it took this long to finally see these guys live, but better late than never...


You'll dig it Johnny!!  They put on a great show in Missoula, and their recent setlists have been diverse and filled with covers.  We got Imagine, Know Your Rights & Rockin' In The Free World, among others!
2012: 8/3  2015: 1/31  2/1  2/3  8/14  2017: 2/4  2/5  2/7  7/7  2018: 3/2  3/3  3/5

Cameron

Quote from: rkwedge on Aug 14, 2018, 07:56 pm
Friday was a great show in Seattle. Super glad I didn't know some guy was flying around in a stolen plane ready to die.


Same here!

APR

Seattle 1 was terrific.  Seattle 2 was one of my favorite shows ever.  Yes Shug those dudes aren't afraid to play long shows as that one started at about 8:30 and ended at midnight.  And they were more energized and having more fun during the late part of the shows especially with their Soundgarden and Mudhoney pals.  Eddie still sounds amazing and the band played sets to please old fans and newcomers, which isn't easy to do given their quantity of songs and covers.

Better late than never for sure YYac..... I predict this will not be your last PJ show.  Looking forward to hearing your feedback or any reports after Wrigley shows.

I hope to see some MMJ peeps in Boston.

beckstp1

If anyone has an extra for either night at Fenway please hit me up!
I went to both shows at Fenway a few years ago, liked those shows but didn't love them, but am stoked to see some of the songs they played last week in Chicago and that unreal night 2 setin Seattle, hoping we get a few of those!
Thanks!

-Matt
matt.beckstp1@gmail.com


PJAMVedder

I've got a pair of fan club seats to see PJ night 2 (Sep 4) at Fenway. Just asking what I paid.

B93, row NN, seats 21,22

Ten Club allows me to transfer these digital tickets once, PM me

beckstp1

Thanks so much for the offer. I snagged a single for Tues but am still looking for one on Sunday.
Thanks tho! Should be a great two nights!!

PJAMVedder

I've got a ticket you're more than welcome to for $100. I can only transfer one due to PJ fan club rules. However, both seats will be available. pm me if interested. I arrive in Boston on Saturday night