Main Menu

Pearl Jam

Started by waxy, Aug 24, 2005, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

he.who.forgets

as much as i would LOVE to see PJ at Wrigely, I'm holding off until they announce the rest of the tour before I make any plans.  Would like to catch at least a few shows consecutively if possible with fingers crossed for a little love for the south :smiley:

e_wind

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Jan 24, 2013, 11:32 AM
as much as i would LOVE to see PJ at Wrigely, I'm holding off until they announce the rest of the tour before I make any plans.  Would like to catch at least a few shows consecutively if possible with fingers crossed for a little love for the south :smiley:

I'm right there with you with hoping for southern love, BUT they did play a whole two southern shows in 2012 so I'm not expecting them to return until 2020
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

he.who.forgets

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 24, 2013, 11:36 AM
Quote from: he.who.forgets on Jan 24, 2013, 11:32 AM

I'm right there with you with hoping for southern love, BUT they did play a whole two southern shows in 2012 so I'm not expecting them to return until 2020
Touche.  Hoping festivals dont count though! Either way, I'll be making a trip sometime next summer/fall.

mahg33ta

I too saw the "fall tour dates to come" and decided to wait and see what that brings. 

sweatboard

They seem to hate the south for some reason.  I've had to make my way to West Palm Beach to see them...sorry, that is NOT THE SOUTH!!!!
There's Still Time.........

Fully

I saw them in Columbia, SC back in 2008 or 2009. They got plenty of love, but they do not like to come south.

e_wind

Well I saw them in ATL last summer, so theres that... But also I don't have to worry personally because I'm equally as close to the midwest.

oistheone

Greatly tempted to hit up this London show, seeing as it's only 3-hour drive away. Really dig the "Evening with..." aspect too. But man, why London? Not complaining, but just seems bizarre to announce an awesomely unique show like Wrigley, coupled with a show at a hockey arena in London, Ontario. Whatever though, the place is pretty tiny by arena-standards, so I think I just talked myself into it!

Also have a hunch they'll be at Bonnaroo this year.

APR

Dilemmas, dilemmas.  Travelling for two shows is much more appealing.  However....

I'd bet a lot of money that they will add a second London show on the 17th.  They don't need two days to travel to Chicago, and the first show will sell out fast.

All GA at Wrigley is Ten Club, and I'd bet there will be a second show there as well.

Then again there is the Fall to be announced for which it may be harder to get tickets(due to high demand in big cities' arenas as opposed to baseball stadiums).

sweatboard

If they dont' open with "take me out to the ballpark" at wrigley I'm pissed

sweatboard

that into The Whipping.....cause that would do cubs fans justice  :wink:

Northern Neighbour

Given PJ's dates for July, I could see them doing a few of the festivals around Ontario, such as the Ottawa and Sarnia Bluesfests.

pjfan04101

Rumor has it, according to Stone at least, is that the band just does not sell well in the South.  Be it albums or tickets.  Not sure if that's true or not, but that's what has been said.

I have to hold off on Wrigley.  As fun as it would be to see them in that venue and in that neighborhood, it just wouldn't be financially responsible.  If they happen to do a Boston/Hartford run like they have in the past, or even RI or god forbid Maine :cheesy:, I could see 2-3 shows for the price of 1 in Chicago.

I'm just happy to hear that they are going back out on the road and I have enough time to plan for it. 

lucylew

Signed up for the Wrigley lottery.  Come hell or high water, I will be in Chicago this July.

yakeroo

Did anyone catch antiquiets tweet yesterday?
Hey PearlJam fans... we've got something awesome to share with you tomorrow morning.
New song perhaps! Guess we will find out soon.

Jeff Murray

Would like to get back to Chicago for the shows but I just can't justify the cost of travel for one show and maybe a White Sox game... Come on Fall dates... give me somethign to work with!!!
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

he.who.forgets

Quote from: yakeroo on Jan 29, 2013, 06:00 AM
Did anyone catch antiquiets tweet yesterday?
Hey PearlJam fans... we've got something awesome to share with you tomorrow morning.
New song perhaps! Guess we will find out soon.
If you havent already checked it out, it's early pre-PJ demo stuff from Ed.  Some of it I've heard, some I havent.  Pretty cool.

e_wind

I just happened to look at my bank account and I suddenly owe less than I did by a couple hundo. So, I guess I lost this lottery too

APR

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 29, 2013, 08:14 PM
I just happened to look at my bank account and I suddenly owe less than I did by a couple hundo. So, I guess I lost this lottery too

The drawing doesn't end until tomorrow at 10 AM pacific time so you're "still Alive."

Devil Ledbetter

Quote from: lucylew on Jan 28, 2013, 08:43 PM
Signed up for the Wrigley lottery.  Come hell or high water, I will be in Chicago this July.
If I don't get tickets to this through the Ten Club lottery, I will be trying for them through Ticketbastard or wherever, and I will also be letting my Ten Club membership lapse because this lottery system is Just Plain Stupid.
We understand it's the '90s.