Main Menu

Pearl Jam

Started by waxy, Aug 24, 2005, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waxy

Anyone going to any of the upcomming Canadian shows?  How about The Gorge, Montana, Atlantic City, or Philly?

I'll be at the Philly show for sure, got my tickets...still working on Borgota tickets, though *keeping fingers crossed*

Is everyone pumped for the new album?  Should be an early 2006 release, really looking forward to it...but first looking forward to the show in October.  

Share your Pearl Jam love in this thread!
makes much more sense to live in the present tense

sweatboard

Yes, I love your No Code avitar and Present Tense signature line.  No Code and Vitalogy are my two favorite PJ albums and Present Tense is one of, if not my very favorite song.  Hearing Present Tense live was quite an experience.  I'm going to have to hold out on this upcoming tour because the shows are just two far away.  Surely they will add some Nashville, Atlanta area shows when they announce more dates.  I can't wait for the New Record allthough I'm not a real big fan of "Cropduster".  I'm not a big fan of they're short punk rockers as of late, I would rather hear stuff like Nothing As It Seems, Sleight of Hand, All or None, Help Help, etc.  
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

Also, I am very excited about the Digital Download feature they have for the upcoming tour.  You will be able to download each show just hours after it ends with show specific artwork.  WHoo Hooo!!!!!!!!!  I own like over 200 Pearl Jam bootlegs, which remindes me if anyone wants to trade Pearl Jam bootlegs let me know.  I'll P.M. you later tonight Waxy about an idea I have.

waxy

Yea, I just read that digital download announcement.  On one hand, i like it...on the other hand, i want a CD.  It seems eveytime I burn a CD off a download from easytree, my burned CD skips in my car sterio...pisses me off.

all my life is obscene

I will be at the Atlantic city show...so fucking excited...it will be my first Pearl Jam show.

I met Jim at Newport Folk, and I plan on doing my best to meet Eddie on October 1.

If I weren't seeing so many great acts in September (Kings of Leon, MMJ, Umphrey's McGee...who knows what else) I would probably go crazy during the month-long wait leading up to October 1.  Lucky for me though, I'll be rocking out so hard for most of September that it won't be so bad.
Music is my savior
I was maimed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
I was tamed by rock and roll
I got my name from rock and roll
-Tweedy

Chills

Pearl Jam and Belgium... It must be about ten years or more since they've played here. Once they were cancelled at a festival here (after the Roskilde incident) and replaced by Live (who actually went on and covered "Imagine" with a bunch of children sitting on stage)!!! Man, lucky I wasn't there... The horror.

So, please come back, you owe us!

waxy

QuotePearl Jam and Belgium... It must be about ten years or more since they've played here. Once they were cancelled at a festival here (after the Roskilde incident) and replaced by Live (who actually went on and covered "Imagine" with a bunch of children sitting on stage)!!! Man, lucky I wasn't there... The horror.

So, please come back, you owe us!

I have a feeling they'll be there in 2006

Jellyfish

Does anyone have the "Green Habit" 10 disc set? I have been listening to it lately.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

waxy

QuoteDoes anyone have the "Green Habit" 10 disc set? I have been listening to it lately.

I never d/l Nick's compilation, but I've looked at the songs that make up the Green Habit...freakin awesome that he put all that time into it.  

Half

i dig PJ but i really need a new album :-/
but i done went and plum forgot it

sweatboard

I own every single one of the 2003 bootlegs is that strange?  All my friends make fun of me, but fuck em I enjoyed every single one and still enjoy them especially Boston 3.

waxy

QuoteI own every single one of the 2003 bootlegs is that strange?  All my friends make fun of me, but fuck em I enjoyed every single one and still enjoy them especially Boston 3.

Strange?  No.  Awesome? Yes.

I've got a crap load of PJ boots from 91-04.  Seeing them in Philly this year, it'll be my 15th show...possibly getting into the Borgota show, keeping my fingers crossed.

dragonboy

QuoteI own every single one of the 2003 bootlegs is that strange?  All my friends make fun of me, but fuck em I enjoyed every single one and still enjoy them especially Boston 3.

I've asked myself the very same question & I think the answer is no. I have most of the 2000 bootlegs, all of the Japan & Australia 2003 & a few of the US. I became SO obsessed with collecting them!
I saw PJ's 1st UK show at a tiny, tiny club in London called the Borderline way back in 91 & saw them again in 2003 when they came to Nagoya.
I love those bootlegs! Any show where they put "it's ok" by Dead Moon into Daughter does it for me!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

sweatboard

Oh hell yes "Dead Moon" :o  The version from Jones Beach 2000 on the Touring Band DVD gives me CHILLS every time.  I'm sending you a PM about this upcoming tour right now.

Tree

OK back again.
Love that band!!
my favorite albums are No Code and Riot Act. i´m waiting for the new album...can´t wait anymore...

HorkoLad

QuoteOK back again.
Love that band!!
my favorite albums are No Code and Riot Act. i´m waiting for the new album...can´t wait anymore...

you have to, there's no new album yet ;)
[img][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg[/url][/img]

Tree

:'( :'(
what about the bandmember´s sideprojects?
i´ve only: Brad - Interiors and Stone Gossard - Bayleaf

peanut butter puddin surprise

well, I've professed my nonlove for PJ before, but I won't bore anyone with details.  Respect, yes...but...

what's up with that Magnet interview with Sleater-Kinney?  Yikes.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

HorkoLad

Quote:'( :'(
what about the bandmember´s sideprojects?
i´ve only: Brad - Interiors and Stone Gossard - Bayleaf

You should check out Wellwater Conspiracy...its Matt Cameron's sideband. They rock out.

Also Brad, welcome to discovery park is a hell of an album...check it out
[img][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg[/url][/img]

yieldgirl

Hey Clark, I'm packig my bags and leaving bright and early Thrusday morning for Seattle.  Going to the Gorge and then up to Vancouver. Damn, they played one of my favorites songs last night at the MT show  :'(  Hey where's you pal Balki???
He made it to the ocean, had a smoke in a tree.
The wind rose up set him down on his knee.
A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw.
Deliver him wings,