Main Menu

Pearl Jam

Started by waxy, Aug 24, 2005, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

LBSUNFLWR

I thought that too after I read the headline and got excited.
the world can not handle that right now!

APR

PJ Radio on Sirius is broadcasting from Barclays tomorrow night.  I would love to have good audio of the speech and their set, but I have a feeling it will be more interviews with people backstage or something.  I don't think I can wait for the HBO broadcast.   This is an event I'll have to look for a good periscope feed.  I really hope it's nothing serious with Uncle Neil.

LBSUNFLWR

Last night I watched the 2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Special.
It was really good. Some great speeches, especially Snoop Dogg on Tupac and Dave Letterman on Pearl Jam. And then I loved what Pearl Jam had to say when they took the stage. Just a class act all around. They seem like good people who have a real friendship with each other and have kept it together so long. I was happy to see them get the recognition and it was cool to see their families there with them too.

Also I thought Yes performed quite well. I'd go see them.
Journey was all together on stage too. It was a good show, better than expected. On HBO all week I'm sure.

rkwedge

Pearl Jam doing 2 shows in Seattle in August! These will be amazing shows for an amazing cause. Come to the great Northwest if you can.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/pearl-jam-announce-seattle-stadium-home-shows-to-fight-homelessness/ar-AAv1Rnw?OCID=ansmsnnews11
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

APR

Quote from: rkwedge on Jan 22, 2018, 04:35 PM
Pearl Jam doing 2 shows in Seattle in August! These will be amazing shows for an amazing cause. Come to the great Northwest if you can.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/pearl-jam-announce-seattle-stadium-home-shows-to-fight-homelessness/ar-AAv1Rnw?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Yes!!! I have always wanted to go to Seattle and have kind of been waiting to combine a visit there when Pearl Jam plays more than one night.  Wheels are in motion for my first ever trip to see the great Northwest.  Assuming I get tickets, it looks like it's going to be a four day vacation exploring by day and seeing my second favorite band of all time (my first favorite from '92 until somewhere around 2012 when MMJ took over the top spot) by night. 

Cameron

Already booked my flight and room. Just need tix.

Also, they kind of leaked out their other dates on Friday. They're playing Grizzly Stadium in Missoula and two shows each at Wrigley and Fenway.

parkervb

Quote from: Cameron on Jan 23, 2018, 07:34 PM

Also, they kind of leaked out their other dates on Friday. They're playing Grizzly Stadium in Missoula and two shows each at Wrigley and Fenway.

are those the only dates leaked? just stadiums this year?
Don't you ever turn it off

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 24, 2018, 11:36 AM

I heard two nights at Citizens Bank Park in Philly were in the works for early September.
"Where's Jim going?"

parkervb

Quote from: ericm on Jan 24, 2018, 11:43 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Jan 24, 2018, 11:36 AM

I heard two nights at Citizens Bank Park in Philly were in the works for early September.

Fenway that first week of Sept. The Phillies are away from 9/3-9/9 so that would work...

9/2 and 9/4 in Fenway and then a date later that week in Philly.

Cameron

I doubt they add any. It would require a separate fan club lotto, which doesn't make much sense.

rkwedge

Here's what they posted today:
Seattle 8/8 and 8/10
Missoula 8/13 (This show will be good)
Chicago (Wrigley) 8/18 and 8/20
Boston (Fenway) 9/2 and 9/4

APR

Quote from: Cameron on Jan 24, 2018, 02:49 PM
I doubt they add any. It would require a separate fan club lotto, which doesn't make much sense.

I agree with this thinking.  I read about a Philly rumor, but I guess it's not to be.  I also read about Outside Lands being possible but the may just be wishful thinking. I doubt they would play a show on August 11 or 12 with shows already set for the 10th and 13th. 

Cameron

a festival in the fall wouldn't surprise me as much as adding a show somewhere since there aren't fan club tix to fests.

they've gotten shit in the past for adding shows since people travel so far to see them.

parkervb

Quote from: rkwedge on Jan 24, 2018, 04:13 PM
Here's what they posted today:
Seattle 8/8 and 8/10
Missoula 8/13 (This show will be good)
Chicago (Wrigley) 8/18 and 8/20
Boston (Fenway) 9/2 and 9/4

yea if i could pick just one of these to make it to, the Missoula one might be it.

Cameron

Missoula will be great. I went for the 2012 show and it's still my top PJ show. Seattle was an easy choice this time because I've already seen them in Fenway and Wrigley too.

rkwedge

Missoula is a college town which is starved for entertainment. There football team's stadium, where the show will be, is unbelievably awesome for an FCS school. MMJ played in Missoula on the Waterfall tour in 2015, that show sold out faster than any show on that tour did.

e-stone

LOVE missoula.  the last time i saw Pearl Jam was at the Adams Field House in 1995 while i was at UM for a semester.  incredible show.  this could be a good excuse to get up there again.

walterfredo

I have never seen PJ and have always been intrigued. Registered for the TM certified fans thing for seattle.  I read all the stuff about on Feb 15th you'll be notified if you've been selected for a code to try to get tix. Is this going to be a crazy hard ticket because it's PJ and in Seattle? Someone enlighten me as to my chances of getting tickets.