Main Menu

Pearl Jam

Started by waxy, Aug 24, 2005, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 25, 2018, 04:10 PM
I have never seen PJ and have always been intrigued. Registered for the TM certified fans thing for seattle.  I read all the stuff about on Feb 15th you'll be notified if you've been selected for a code to try to get tix. Is this going to be a crazy hard ticket because it's PJ and in Seattle? Someone enlighten me as to my chances of getting tickets.
I've done the same for Chicago, and have never seen Pearl Jam. I'm hoping this Ticketbastard "certified human" crap comes through, but expect tickets to be rare and pricey. Good luck, Walter!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Cameron

I think it'll be difficult through TM. The 10C email said they were very confident that most if not all members would get their choices and that they secured more tickets than ever before. Good for members like me but not the general public. Demand is high because they didn't play any shows last year and it looks like these are it for this year.

I'll be going to Seattle solo most likely so my extras will probably be up for grabs and I usually offer them here.

ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 25, 2018, 04:10 PM
I have never seen PJ and have always been intrigued. Registered for the TM certified fans thing for seattle.  I read all the stuff about on Feb 15th you'll be notified if you've been selected for a code to try to get tix. Is this going to be a crazy hard ticket because it's PJ and in Seattle? Someone enlighten me as to my chances of getting tickets.

I don't know about how hard tix will be to get but I can say the TM verified fan thing sucks. Especially for any tough to get ticket. I'd rather take my chances with their damn 15 minute wait thing than be told I didn't even have a chance to try for tix.

I've been going to Springsteen shows for 40 years but got denied all three times for even the opportunity to purchase tix to his Broadway stand. The first two it was sorry, due to high demand, and the third I was put on standby. Eventually got a code late in the day for the 3rd sale but that ended up being a futile exercise as well.

It just seems like a big BS smokescreen to me as a way for TM to say they're doing something to get the tix away from scalpers and into fans hands. A quick look on Stubhub shows tix will always end up being scalped.
"Where's Jim going?"

walterfredo

Quote from: Cameron on Jan 25, 2018, 05:53 PM
I think it'll be difficult through TM. The 10C email said they were very confident that most if not all members would get their choices and that they secured more tickets than ever before. Good for members like me but not the general public. Demand is high because they didn't play any shows last year and it looks like these are it for this year.

I'll be going to Seattle solo most likely so my extras will probably be up for grabs and I usually offer them here.

Thanks for the info. Well keep me in mind if you find yourself with extras!

If I have friends in 10C can they try for me? Are the tickets transferable? And is it too late for a 10C member to request?

rkwedge

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 25, 2018, 06:45 PM
Quote from: Cameron on Jan 25, 2018, 05:53 PM

Thanks for the info. Well keep me in mind if you find yourself with extras!

If I have friends in 10C can they try for me? Are the tickets transferable? And is it too late for a 10C member to request?
10C says you can get two tix per show only one of which is transferable. They are not going to be physical tix so you have to use your smart phone to get in. The 10c member has to keep one of them.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

walterfredo

APR

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 25, 2018, 07:15 PM
ok thank you.

I don't know much about verified fan.  I tried it once and got terrible seats so I didn't buy them and then got way better seats on the regular on sale days afterwards.  Depending on my luck with Ten Club tickets, I could have a single for 8/10.  I won't know until way after the regular TM sale, so I'd recommend going for tickets in their pre and regular sales if you're committed to going.  I'll check in with you later on if that ticket is unspoken for.  Like Cameron, I'm a fan of putting extras here...... it has worked great for several MMJ and JJ shows.

walterfredo

thanks APR.

So there's a preferred fan on sale, and another regular TM on sale? I was not aware of that.

APR

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 29, 2018, 01:27 PM
thanks APR.

So there's a preferred fan on sale, and another regular TM on sale? I was not aware of that.

After the Ten Club sale there is a verified fan sale and then the regular TM sale.  Unlike the way MMJ offers their fan club membership and immediate fan club ticket access, Pearl Jam will not let you get fan club tickets for this tour if you join the Ten Club now.  You would have had to been a member prior to Jan 23 (the date of the tour announcement) to be eligible.  It's not too late for a fan club member to request...... it's actually still too early.  PJ won't even take requests until Feb 7.

walterfredo

walterfredo

I just got an email saying I've been selected and my presale time is tomorrow at 10 am

Cameron

Same here. I won both shows through the 10C lotto though.

walterfredo

Quote from: Cameron on Feb 15, 2018, 06:01 PM
Same here. I won both shows through the 10C lotto though.

nice!

I know my chances are slim, but will be trying tomorrow for 4 seats together for friday show.

walterfredo

any insight on the TM verified fan process? I'm well versed on TM ticket releases, but have never used this method, anything I should be aware of? Any tips?

was able to fairly easily snag 4 in section 127. Pretty good seats. Excited to see my first PJ show.

APR

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 16, 2018, 11:27 AM
any insight on the TM verified fan process? I'm well versed on TM ticket releases, but have never used this method, anything I should be aware of? Any tips?

Just like any pre sale, put the code in the appropriate rectangle before you click BUY button and good luck. 

Murph

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 16, 2018, 11:27 AM

was able to fairly easily snag 4 in section 127. Pretty good seats. Excited to see my first PJ show.

I'm excited for you.  PJ is definitely up there with MMJ as the best live band on the planet.  Enjoy!

sillyboob

Through a friend got tickets to the Montana show, section 126 2nd row.  Saw them first in 1991 opening for Nirvana & the Chili Peppers, then in 1995 at Golden Gate Park.  Seven songs in, Eddie Vedder got sick and left the stage.  Neil Young came out and played for another two hours with the rest of the band.  It was pretty cool.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

johnnYYac

Finally seeing Pearl Jam, my wife's first show, too! Aug. 18 at Wrigley Field, section 222. Not thrilled with the seats I pulled, but it is what it is...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Shug

Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 16, 2018, 03:58 PM
Through a friend got tickets to the Montana show, section 126 2nd row.  Saw them first in 1991 opening for Nirvana & the Chili Peppers, then in 1995 at Golden Gate Park.  Seven songs in, Eddie Vedder got sick and left the stage.  Neil Young came out and played for another two hours with the rest of the band.  It was pretty cool.

Was that PJ, Nirvana, Chilis show New Year's Eve at the Cow Palace?  I skipped it and saw the Grateful Dead instead as I always did, but later regretted it.  I didn't see the Golden Gate Park show either, but I saw PJs make up show at Spartan Stadium in San Jose.  They opened with Release and I lost it!  You caught two epic ones, I'd say!

"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

sillyboob

Quote from: Shug on Feb 19, 2018, 11:43 AM
Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 16, 2018, 03:58 PM

Was that PJ, Nirvana, Chilis show New Year's Eve at the Cow Palace?  I skipped it and saw the Grateful Dead instead as I always did, but later regretted it.  I didn't see the Golden Gate Park show either, but I saw PJs make up show at Spartan Stadium in San Jose.  They opened with Release and I lost it!  You caught two epic ones, I'd say!

It was the LA Sports Arena, right around Christmas that year.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.