Main Menu

Pearl Jam

Started by waxy, Aug 24, 2005, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkwedge

Quote from: CountSA on Mar 09, 2020, 09:10 PMDamn, PJ just postponed their upcoming tour due to the coronavirus.
Just came on here to post myself. Their home city of Seattle has taken the brunt of this so far in the U.S. so they know what can happen. Sad, but good on you Pearl Jam
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Cameron

Yeah, bummer but I've been expecting it. I'm guessing I'll be getting a few more similar emails in the near future.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

Come Closer

The new LP is expectedly pretty boring overall. Starts out pretty well, but falls apart. I dunno why they're making 5-6 minute songs and hour-long albums at this point.

Cameron

I got nothing but time anyway...

Come Closer

Oh sure, lots of fans will cherish every second given the quarantine and the fact that it's been 7 years. And that's cool, to each his/her own. I just don't think it's a recipe for success for a late-career record from a rock band. It's longer than their first 2 classic albums, from which they cut extremely strong material. It would be one thing if they were still churning out killer songs with engaging instrumental sections, but unfortunately that's not the case. They're still striking gold here and there, but I would've enjoyed Gigaton a lot more if it was 15-20 minutes shorter.

ChiefOKONO

At first listen I liked it but it didn't grab me fully.  I'm going to listen more... but I kind of agree with you, I think they could have put in a couple shorter more high tempo rockers in there instead of some of the songs on the 2nd half....

parkervb

Quote from: Osistheones on Mar 26, 2020, 10:05 PMOh sure, lots of fans will cherish every second given the quarantine and the fact that it's been 7 years. And that's cool, to each his/her own. I just don't think it's a recipe for success for a late-career record from a rock band. It's longer than their first 2 classic albums, from which they cut extremely strong material. It would be one thing if they were still churning out killer songs with engaging instrumental sections, but unfortunately that's not the case. They're still striking gold here and there, but I would've enjoyed Gigaton a lot more if it was 15-20 minutes shorter.

i've listened to it a few times and it does feel like 2-3 songs could have been better as a B-side (I'm looking at you River Cross and Buckle Up). But otherwise I've been enjoying it, Quick Escape is really good imo and will be a great addition to the live arsenal. Seven O'Clock & Never Destination are also songs I like.   
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Don't sleep on Take the Long Way.  It is incredible.  The first PJ song with a female backing vocal, and it works amazingly!  The guitars and melody rock too! 

Cameron

Buckle Up is the only one I can't get into. For a band 30 years in it's an inspired effort. Can't wait to see it live.

ChiefOKONO

Pearl Jam's 'Retrograde' Video Shows End of the World and Features Greta Thunberg

https://www.spin.com/2020/05/pearl-jams-end-of-the-world-retrograde-video-features-greta-thunberg

Cameron

On the road again...!

APR

slappymoe

just did the ticketmaster verified fan registration for indy.  got shut out a couple of times last summer (nashville and st. louis), hard to be optimistic about my chances.  got 2 friends to register also, maybe my luck will change this time around.

as much as i love MMJ, PJ is in a league of their own live. :drum:

ChiefOKONO

I liked that they said this on their website.  They are trying....

"To continue to protect fans' access to fairly priced tickets, Pearl Jam has decided to make tickets non-transferable where permitted, and by selling approximately 10% of tickets through PJ Premium at the market rate to offset increased costs. Tickets on this tour will continue to be non-transferable in all states except Illinois where it is prohibited by law. We apologize in advance to Illinois fans who may be subject to increased ticket prices on the secondary market.

Pearl Jam will use all-in pricing across this tour for the first time. This means the ticket price you see listed is the full out-of-pocket price inclusive of fees so there are no surprises at check out. 

For more information about the policy issues in ticketing, visit https://fairticketing.com. 

We can't wait to see you out there! "

Cameron

Got all 4 TX shows!

ChiefOKONO

Damn Cameron!  Enjoy that!  I haven't seen them in a long time, last time it was bad scheduling and also kind of tough to get tickets

Wondering how the setlists change between shows for them?  how many repeats from night to night on avg?

Cameron

Not as much variety last year as there had been. Shows are still different and unique though.

APR

Quote from: Cameron on Apr 25, 2023, 08:33 PMGot all 4 TX shows!

That is great.  I got two Austin and one Chicago.  Ten Club has been and is still really awesome though imperfect at times.