Main Menu

white sox

Started by johnconaway, Oct 11, 2005, 11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spider_Beard

are these guys playing great baseball or what?

peanut butter puddin surprise

feel the love!  congrats to the sox winning the series and bringing the trophy to the Southside after 88 years.  very well played this whole year, and kudos to the Astros for making it interesting, all the way to the end...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

fitzcarraldo

Ummm, Wot's the deal with the Astros manager complaining that the roof was open?  :-/
But cool John, glad the ChiSox won!

MikeHawk

"congrats to the sox winning the series and bringing the trophy to the Southside"
 to all those ASSHOLES who say it's about chicago. its about the south side.....i hate the sox, always have always will. im going to go throw up now...or die trying

Alligator Gar

Last night, watching the celebrations, I thought to myself, "Chicago may be the, collectively, ugliest big city in the world."

Oh Jesus, the haters are here!

It's just a game, and this year was the White Sox's year.  Last year was the Red Sox's year.  Chicago isn't ugly, and the team had supporters from all over the city (don't believe me?  do a search yourself and find articles about it) and the country.

Perhaps a little jealousy is in order here?  They won the Series, that's the way it is.

Alligator Gar

QuoteOh Jesus, the haters are here!

It's just a game, and this year was the White Sox's year.  Last year was the Red Sox's year.  Chicago isn't ugly, and the team had supporters from all over the city (don't believe me?  do a search yourself and find articles about it) and the country.

Perhaps a little jealousy is in order here?  They won the Series, that's the way it is.

Hey, pal, I live North of Montrose on Wilson and Campbell adn I like the White Sox; have since I was a lad. I was just making an observation about the people of the city and their looks.

Hey, pal, I live North of Montrose on Wilson and Campbell adn I like the White Sox; have since I was a lad. I was just making an observation about the people of the city and their looks.

It's all good, I was merely parlaying my love for the Sox into a discernible form...but I still disagree with you on the "ugliness" of Chicago.  Ever been to Houston? Dallas?  How about Trenton, NJ?  or Milwaukee?  All of those are pretty damn ugly places (IMHO-no offense to anyone from those locations...sorry)

antoniostrohs

The White Sox were the best team this year and they romped through the playoffs and series with a 10 and 1 record. Congrats!

doEVILslittle

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=second/guessing/2005/051026

what a horrible world series, two horrible teams. not to mention the fact that the chisox pretty much cheated their way into winning the ALCS

Quotehttp://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=second/guessing/2005/051026

what a horrible world series, two horrible teams. not to mention the fact that the chisox pretty much cheated their way into winning the ALCS

sour grapes, anyone?  what a load.  baseball doesn't have an instant replay.  get over it.  if the angels had better hitting...and if the astros had better hitting...maybe it would have been different.

but horrible team?!  no thanks.  99-63 isn't horrible.  smoking the red sox in 3 is far from horrible.  and call or no call, the angels hitting was pathetic, so they wouldn't have won, anyways.  the astros were no different-no one wins when they leave all those runners stranded.

it comes down to great pitching, and 4 complete games in the ACLS was great pitching by the sox starters.  not to mention some clutch hitting by podesnik, crede, dye...

Jellyfish

Quotehttp://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=second/guessing/2005/051026

Cheated?...uh...were you watching the same game I was? I am no CWS fan by no means but they are quite simply..the best team in baseball...been in 1st place all year.

By 2 horrible teams you mean that the Braves and the Yankess weren't playing don't you....just because these 2 teams don't have the fan base that some of the others do does not make them "horrible" teams.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

lyricjunkie

[size=48]WHITE SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!  YAY!!! YAY!!! YAY!!! YAY!!! [/size]    I like the White Sox.   ;)
And I LOVE the Braves.... :-*
Talk less....
Say more.

sweatboard

Has the World Series started yet?
There's Still Time.........