Main Menu

patchouli

Started by ratsprayer, Nov 12, 2005, 10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratsprayer

call me a damn dirty hippy, but i love the stuff.

anyone else?

EC

Quotecall me a damn dirty hippy, but i love the stuff.

anyone else?
I like it.  You can call me a hippy, too, if'n you want.  Everybody else does. ;)

(not dirty, though.  nobody calls me that.  I mean NOBODY better.  >:()

corey

Fuckin' hippies.

:)

I have to be honest, I can't stand that shit. Makes me wanna vomit.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

QuoteWhat is it?  :)
It's an essential oil that is known for being the kind of stuff that hippies tend to put on.

Hippies or else you burn it to mask the smell of weed, or else some of us just like the smell.  :)  It's got medicinal properties that I can't remember right now...  

ratsprayer

i like it because of the smell and actually never started wearing it until after i gave up weed.  leave it to me to be the weird of the weird.   ;)

tomEisenbraun

where do you get it and what exactly is it that you use? I love the smell but I've never been able to figure out what it is that I should get.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

Quotewhere do you get it and what exactly is it that you use? I love the smell but I've never been able to figure out what it is that I should get.
You can incense that smells like it, or you can buy it as an essential oil.  You can get essential oils at most health food stores or, probably Body Shop has it, but, you know, Body Shop is kind of bad.  Go for the good old independent health food store.  :)  Essential oils come in little bottles, and in Canada they range from $9-$18, depending on the oil and the quality.  But if you're just looking for the general smell, you can go for the cheaper versions.  :)

aMillionDreams

patuchouli is a nice alternative to Epicac for me.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

tomEisenbraun

like, what should I pick up from here, if I were to get something?

http://www.patchouligarden.com/patchouli.html

should i get the Roll-On, the Hand and Body Lotion, the Essential Oil, Grandpa's Patchouli Soap, or the Kiss My Face lotion?

I really don't know what I'm doin with all this. Any help would absolutely rock.

What do you use, Meg?

EC

Quotelike, what should I pick up from here, if I were to get something?

http://www.patchouligarden.com/patchouli.html

should i get the Roll-On, the Hand and Body Lotion, the Essential Oil, Grandpa's Patchouli Soap, or the Kiss My Face lotion?

I really don't know what I'm doin with all this. Any help would absolutely rock.

What do you use, Meg?
I would get the essential oil.  The reason is because you can use it for everything.  You can add a couple of drops onto your candle once it's lit, and your room will smell like it.  You can put a little bit of olive oil in your hand, and a drop of patchouli oil in there, and mix it up, and slather it all over yourself.  (;))  You can put a drop on your regular soap, and then when you're lathering up, it'll get in there.

It's all purpose.  Just don't put it directly onto your skin, because it's really concentrated, and you might have a reaction.

There's also this thing you can buy (there are clay ones and metal ones) and they're basically a hoop with a little mote, and they sit on lightbulbs, and you put a drop or two in the mote, and turn your lamp on and it gets all heated up, and there you go.

Let me know if'n you need more help, Mr. Hippybraun.  :)

corey

tomEisenbraun

I don't know Meg. I was  thinking that a lotion sounded good, because, knowing me, I'll probably be an idiot and try and mix the oil into my Pert Plus or my toothpaste or something. I'm the guy of guy that gets somehting new and tries it out with everything.

Do you think the lotions on that site would have a good authentic smell, or what should I do?

I'm thinkin the kiss my face lotion or the hand and body lotion. one of those two. Any ideas how those might do?

EC

QuoteI don't know Meg. I was  thinking that a lotion sounded good, because, knowing me, I'll probably be an idiot and try and mix the oil into my Pert Plus or my toothpaste or something. I'm the guy of guy that gets somehting new and tries it out with everything.
I'm like that, too.  But if you get the oil, as opposed to the pre-scented stuff, then you can choose.  Let's say one day you really feel like smelling really patchouli-y.  You can get your shampoo in your hand, put a couple of drops in there, add it to your soap, etc.  And let's say the next day you feel like you DON'T want to smell  like patchouli.  You don't have to.

I wouldn't put it in your toothpaste.  Like, seriously.  ;)

QuoteDo you think the lotions on that site would have a good authentic smell, or what should I do?
My problem with stuff like that is that they never put enough in there to last.  This way you have control as to how much you want to put on.  

QuoteI'm thinkin the kiss my face lotion or the hand and body lotion. one of those two. Any ideas how those might do?
I've never used any of this stuff, but I have a couple of girlfriends who really like the kiss my face lotions.  

Basically, all of the stuff is going to be scented by essential oil.  If you buy the actual oil, you're money's going a little further.  That's the "EC buyer's guide to patchouli".

p.s.  The funny thing is that I don't actually think I've ever worn patchouli.  I do like rosemary, though.  :)