Beer vs. Bourbon

Started by johnconaway, Nov 16, 2005, 12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimoe

Crazy!  I love the Danforth, too.  Favourite places include:
World of Cheese
Dora's (I miss that pub being so close)
Thuna herbs (I'm a hippie, so, you know)
Carrot Common (see above)
Stanley's.  Have you ever gone there on karaoke night?  I know it's probaby the skiddest bar in Toronto, but they have the best karaoke. ever.

I like the World Of Cheese too.

Stanley's closed four months ago. I went to karaoke there twice - didn't sing because she didn't have any MMJ songs for me to butcher.

I shop at the Carrot Common a lot. I go to the Big Carrot.

Favourite pub in the winter is the Auld Spot. The OId Nick for convernience and I love the NY Cafe for the atmosphere and good food.... and cheap beer.

There are almost no bad pubs of restaurants on the Danforth, except Terry O's and The Black Swan ( downstairs ).

EC

Stanley's is closed?   :'(
Oh no.  I had a lot of good times there.  

Okay, when you're at the Big Carrot, does the short dude with the really long dreads still work there?  I remember he had a smile that is probably in my top five smiles.

Ah, The Auld Spot.  I had a couple of very good dates there.  Have you ever had their white wine mussels?  They're splendid.

And The Old Nick.  Me and an old friend used to go there probably once a week for a long time.

The only place I hate on the Danforth is that ladies' clothing store in the Common.  b) it's not an environmentally friendly store, and b) the girls who work there are JERKS.  Erietta's.  

Also, I like the Black Swan.  But I don't think I've ever been downstairs...  (Just upstairs for the muuuuusic.)

Jaimoe

EC:

I don't like mussels so I've never tried that there. The Auld Spot does have a good menu however.

The Black Swan is really a dive downstairs. It's funny: I was in Clarksdale Mississippi last February and a bartender at Morgan Freeman's juke joint, Ground Zero, goes to the Swan when she visits Toronto. It's a small world.

The dread guy is still there. I've never seen that smile.