Evil Urges pre-release on Ecast Jukeboxes

Started by cmccubbin25, Jun 03, 2008, 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmccubbin25

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/critically-acclaimed-my-morning-jacket-promotes-latest-album-with-ecast,417952.shtml

"Evil Urges" to Be Pre-Released on Ecast to Catch the Attention of Music Trend Watchers SAN FRANCISCO, June 3

SAN FRANCISCO, June 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Breakthrough rock band My Morning Jacket is premiering their upcoming album on the Ecast network of digital jukeboxes found in more than 10,000 bars and nightclubs nationwide.

Beginning today, My Morning Jacket's fifth full-length studio album "Evil
Urges" is live on the Ecast network one week before its release on ATO
Records. To drive music plays of the album, "Evil Urges" appears in
established Ecast promotional features including the Just Added playlist, an artist-dedicated interactive video loop, and the Ecast New Releases video loop, which are seen by half million music enthusiasts each week.

"Ecast's jukeboxes are fun, and easy to use with the widest variety and selection of music available.  Making ATO's music available on the Ecast network with the pre-release of the My Morning Jacket album only helps us capitalize further and compound word of mouth and excitement about 'Evil Urges'," said John Biondolillo, general manager, ATO Records.

My Morning Jacket has been praised for their masterful blend of indie and classic rock influences since their 1998 debut album.  Best known for selling out venues with  electrifying live performances, My Morning Jacket has been garnering acclaim from the music industry's toughest critics. They have had the opportunity to tour with Guided by Voices, the Doves and the Foo Fighters, and are perennial favorites at festivals like Bonnaroo and Coachella.

"Bands are turning to new and different methods for promoting their music and a growing trend in the music world seems to be pre-releasing their records on digital jukeboxes like Ecast's," says Lisa Tiver, SVP business affairs, Ecast. "When a fan favorite such as My Morning Jacket partners with us before their record is for sale, they reach people in a place where music is one of the most important parts of the experience. In bars and nightclubs, current fans expose new listeners to the music and a new fan is born."

Promoting a new release on the Ecast network is a winning combination for bands and artists trying to reach the young, music listening audience.  In fact, a recent Arbitron study found that the touchscreen media network not only reaches young adults who frequently recommend new music to family and friends, but 70 percent agree that the Ecast touchscreens are a good way to
introduce friends to music they like.
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

bignewt

They had the whole album on the jukebox at Snookies in Frisco TX last Friday night. I wore it out!!!!!!!!!
Don't let your silly dreams,
fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall.

Love Dogg

If I'm out and I see one of those jukeboxes...you better believe I'm playing it.  Kicking off with Highly Suspicious, then Touch Me Pt. 2, I'm Amazed, etc. and work it like that.  That will surely turn heads.  And by the time I get three or four songs into it, people won't be able to turn away, because they'll be like "Is that the same band playing all those rockin' good tunes?!"  And somebody will be like, "You damn right!  That's My Morning Jacket, bitches, whoo!!!!!!"

In fact, this is a call out to all Forum members and MMJ fans.  Let's find every one of these jukeboxes and put the MMJ highjack on 'em.  

Who's with me?
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Bigsky

I'm trying to wait until June 10th, but does this count...the band approved it.

bignewt

Oh I had at least 4 people come up to me while I was standing there(slightly swaying) at the jukebox feeding ones into it like it was a redheaded stripper. They all said how they had seen MMJ on SNL and thought they rocked and was this the new album? I told them to shut their mouths and just...listen.
Don't let your silly dreams,
fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall.

capt. scotty

Do that many people really watch SNL still?? Hardly anyone on there anymore is any good (I do like Andy Samberg), and its about 85% shit to 15% funny stuff. I mean, I tuned in bc MMJ was on and im sure many fans did the same who dont normally tune in, but its hard to believe that many people (in such a small sample size) watch SNL, werent even casual fans of MMJ, and recognized the music a month ago

Its good to hear! Just surprises the shit outta me
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ManNamedTruth

Rocked some EU at the bar last night. I'm Amazed is the most fitting track for that environment.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!