Christmas Vactions

Started by dogandponyshow, Dec 13, 2005, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogandponyshow

Anyone have any unusual, first time and just need to get out of the house vacation for the upcoming holidays.  I am heading up to Whistler Mountain up in Canada for some skiing and boarding.....Awesome resort.

D.

ali

my holiday plans aren't that unusual (skiing at whistler sounds great!) - i'm going home to tasmania for 2 weeks to see my family (haven't been home for 6 months) & go to a great little music festival for new years...

as i don't have a car anymore, its just going to be good to go ANYWHERE!

is it going to be a white christmas for all you northern-hemisphere people?
love a song for the way it makes you feel

dragonboy

Over the Christmas weekend I will be trying my best to cook my Japanese inlaws their first Christmas Diner with all the trimings.

I then go back to work until the 29th when my wife & I will flying off to Guam for a week.
I had lots of problems making my reservation with the Marriot (one mistake after another) which resulted in me writing a rather long letter.
To cut a long story short they have accepted full responsibility & have upgraded us to a suite for the duration of our stay!!!
Just goes to show, when justified, it sometimes does pay to complain.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ali

hmm roast turkey .... are you going all-out (christmas pudding, turkey, ham etc etc etc) for dinner?

guam sounds like a great holiday - you should definitely go home with a nice tan! :D

dragonboy

Quotehmm roast turkey .... are you going all-out (christmas pudding, turkey, ham etc etc etc) for dinner?

guam sounds like a great holiday - you should definitely go home with a nice tan! :D

No Ham - my Japanese family have never had Turkey before so that alone will be enough + they don't eat so much. Yes to Christmas Pudding.

Guam should be great.
It's only 3hours or so from Japan which means no jet-leg, which is cool when you're only going for a week.
Not sure about the tan, I've never stayed in a suite before, let alone at the Marriot.
I don't know if we'll be leaving the room!  ;)

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ali

arrgghh all my great new years plans are rapidly disappearing down the toilet.... my best friend, who i was going to the festival with has had to pull out. she was viciously tackled during a game of frisbee (who knew frisbee was such a contact sport) & tore all the ligaments in her ankle. no driving and no camping for about 3 weeks (so no festival and no roadtrip ). so now i have the fabulous options of going to a 3 day festival by myself or spending new years at home with the parents. greeeeaaat.....  :'(

EC

Oh no.  I hate when plans get destroyed like that.

You should go by yourself, ali.  Honestly.  Just be careful, and don't leave your drinks unattended...  :)

You'll probably meet loads of new people.

ali

yeah i know... plus if i don't go, i'll miss seeing the shins for the second time... and ian brown... and ozomatli... and god knows who else.... its just such a downer, after having it all sorted for months. damn that frisbee!!

EC

Quotedamn that frisbee!!
Was your friend playing ultimate frisbee?  A friend of mine was playing ultimate frisbee, and somehow, she completely severed her achilles tendon.  Like, split it.  SICK.  Sick and painful.

Anyhow.  There were loads of dudes who were at Bonnaroo by themselves, and they had fun.  Sweatboard went by himself, I think.  He said he found a little grassy knoll by a tree and lay down there for a while.  

ali

ultimate frisbee?? i think the guy was a bit drunk & got a little carried away - my friend is fairly tall & thin.. not much resistance. snapping the achilles tendon .... that makes my skin crawl just thinking about that. another friend had that happen while playing netball - the woman she was defending kicked her in the back of the ankle & it was gone... nasty.

EC

That's horrific.  Oh god.

Ultimate frisbee is like frisbee, only, more sporty.  And enhanced.  With teams and stuff.  And there aren't referees, there's something called "the spirit of the game", which means that everybody plays fair, and that's the way they do it.  I quite enjoy that concept.

Do they have ultimate frisbee in the states? (that question is not directed at you, ali, because I know you're from ozzzzzz.)

ali

rather than start a new post, i thought i'd just put this here:

it's my last day at work today before christmas (YAY), so i may or may not be on here for a couple of weeks... if not:

HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS & NEW YEARS! LOTS OF PRESENTS, LOVE AND PEACE TO EVERYONE IN THE MMJ EXTENDED FAMILY!!

xx ali

tomEisenbraun

we do indeed have ultimate frisbee down here, my good Meg. And we get hardcore about it too.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.