Main Menu

Strings

Started by EC, Dec 30, 2005, 02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

That's good to know.  hm.  hmmm.

Thanks, Jaimoe.  I didn't know who Derek Trucks was, but I just looked him up.  

Jaimoe

QuoteThat's good to know.  hm.  hmmm.

Thanks, Jaimoe.  I didn't know who Derek Trucks was, but I just looked him up.  

You won't find a more innovative slide guitarist than young Derek. He was kicking peoples asses  before he was a teenager.  

DD

yeah tom thats the one i have.

id love to get it working again though.  they are great sounding amps.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

Sleazy Rider

QuoteI play acoustic but I only use John Pearse mediums.

Right on. For electrics I use D'Addario 9's. For my amp I use Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, alot of people don't like these because they are assholes.....The people not the amps.
and I also use a Laney AOR tube 50 for Balls To The Wall violent Rock n Roll.
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

Oz

Damn. I thought this topic was about cellos and violins. :(

I always just use what the guy behind the counter gives me. So sometimes I play a guitar with different kind of strings. One time I broke my D-string and all the shops were closed so I used a high E-string and used it to replace the D, tuned as a D, ofcourse.

In other words: I hardly have a clue what I'm doing. But people like my songs. :)
I'm ready when you are

EC

QuoteIn other words: I hardly have a clue what I'm doing. But people like my songs. :)
Yes.  They do.  :)

I ended up renting a Traynor reverb amp, and I am really really liking it.  A lot.  I got a tremolo pedal to mess around, too.

mmm.  I can make it sound like I'm playing inside of a metal pod, and you're two thousand feet away.

Did I already say this about the amp?  Sorry if I'm repeating.

ali

O, we can talk about violins if you'd like!!  :)
which reminds me i need to dust mine off soon... it's been a while!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

EC

QuoteO, we can talk about violins if you'd like!!  :)
which reminds me i need to dust mine off soon... it's been a while!

ali, you should totally talk about violins.  Please do.  

Oz

Am I hearing you right, Ali: you have a violin, wich I presume you can play, but you don't use it? You fool! Violins are awesome! Or violas, they're even beter. God, if only I could play the viola...

(P.S. Right now I'm working on an album wich is gonna be called 'Viola'. Not that there's a single viola on it, but there is a logic behind it, wich I might explain someday.)
I'm ready when you are

ali

hey O, yep i do have a violin (i have two actually), yep i can play (i started when i was 8 or so), no haven't played for a while.... i think i just needed a little break. plus it'd be nice to have a sound-proof room to practice in, but as i'm in a rental place, that's probably too much to ask!  :)

the violin i keep meaning to dust off belonged to my grandfather (and i think been in my family about 120 years) so i love it. it has a beautiful BIG sound, the sort of thing that you only get from an older instrument, and the first time i played it, it blew me away. i might take it out over the weekend & shred my fingertips for a while, i'm feeling inspired!

um, getting back to the original thread, i think the strings i've got are d'addarios. they're not the greatest, but they do the job

violas are good, but can't go past a great violin... ;D
love a song for the way it makes you feel