Main Menu

Sushi

Started by johnconaway, Jan 30, 2006, 01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

any lovers of sushi here?  I just came from a lunch meeting where sushi was the order of the day.  california rolls, mmmmmm.  they were quite tasty.  a good warmup for my better half's birthday this coming weekend, as I'm takin' her out for some sushi.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ratsprayer

im quite partial to calamari.

jungle jim's has its own sushi chef, and ive tried numerous delicious things there.

Jungle Jim's!!!  That place rocks!

cmccubbin25

i love sushi!  what is the best sushi place in the 'Ville?
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

ali

lots of sushi-love here! a place around the corner from my work does great vegetarian rolls (japanese omelette & avocado) but i love sashimi too...
love a song for the way it makes you feel

Quotei love sushi!  what is the best sushi place in the 'Ville?

It's kind of a toss up, really.  Cafe Mimosa on Bardstown road has a pretty sweet Arizona Roll, but Shogun's has a pretty fresh tasting California Roll...apparently there's some new place on Frankfort that I haven't tried yet that's da bomb.

Everyone else would swear that Sapporo's is the best, but it's just too snobby for my tastes.  Fuji out on Westport Road is da shit for not only sushi, but great Japanese fare.

dragonboy

We Love Sushi & have it all the time...no surprises there I guess  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

I love sushi.  I love sashimi.  I love that you get miso soup.  

There used to be a place here in Toronto, I swear they had a direct line from the Atlantic directly to your plate.  It was so good.  Sadly, it is no more.

We order sushi at lunch a lot.  :)  mmmm.

dragonboy

Are you guys pretty experimental?
I used to stick to stuff I knew I liked (shrimp, tuna, scallop etc) but my wife has got me eating fish eggs & all sorts!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

I'll eat anything.  I really will.  If I know that something is dangerous, I might stay away from it.  Some of those raw things have higher death rates than others.  

dragonboy

I've had fugu (poisonous blowfish) it was OK, nothing special.
I love that episode of the Simpsons were Homer eats Sushi & thinks he's going to die  ;D

archiecrisanto

Sushi is good eats. I've had Eel and Squid sushi.
Werr'd.

Foxtrot76

Ahh....sushi is the greatest! My wife and I have it at least once a week. She's more partial to the rolls herself but I'm a big fan of sashimi....salmon, yellowtail, tuna.....good stuff and healthy too!

ben grimm

QuoteI've had fugu (poisonous blowfish) it was OK, nothing special.
I love that episode of the Simpsons were Homer eats Sushi & thinks he's going to die  ;D

Poison, poison, Ah Tasty Fish!!

dragonboy

Poison, poison, Ah Tasty Fish!!
LOL!

Apparently 2 or 3 people die every year in Japan from eating fugu  :o  

Jaimoe

QuoteI've had fugu (poisonous blowfish) it was OK, nothing special.

The funniest part of that episode was when the chef took off with a woman and left the food prep to his underling Akira. You'd have to know Japanese pop culture and anime to get the Akira reference, so I found it damn funny.