Main Menu

coffee

Started by johnconaway, Dec 12, 2005, 10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jellyfish

Actually,Caffeine makes you retain water not the other way around.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

ratsprayer

well, i must be broken because i pee out about 4 times the volume of coffee that i actually drink.  

:-/

primushead

QuoteActually,Caffeine makes you retain water not the other way around.

I want medical proof on that, because I always end up peein after I drink Sweet Tea, Coffee, Mountain Dew etc.

peanut butter puddin surprise

this thread is hilarious.  

I'm sticking with my Folger's Classic Roast for now.

I concur about Gloria Jeans, their coffee is pretty kick ass.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

Nope.  Coffee is a diuretic, which means it makes you pee.  Here's a quote:
"Caffeine: Sources: Coffee, tea, cola nuts, mate, guarana.
Effects: Stimulant of central nervous system, cardiac muscle, and respiratory system, diuretic Delays fatigue."

heh.  Delays fatigue.  hehehe.  

SmoothOprtr

EC is correct.  My wife is a health teacher so I have to listen to this crap all the time.  Caffinated beverages strip your body of water- hence making your urinate.  So unless you are drinking decaf, it's diuretic.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

ratsprayer

ive not had coffee in 2 days, and the entire afternoon ive had one of those lovely caffeine withdrawal headaches.   :-/

i think im going to crack soon...

primushead

Quoteive not had coffee in 2 days, and the entire afternoon ive had one of those lovely caffeine withdrawal headaches.   :-/

i think im going to crack soon...

Does that mean you're literally 'going to crack' like go insane?

Or are you switching over to smoking crack for energy?

:)

ratsprayer

Does that mean you're literally 'going to crack' like go insane?

Or are you switching over to smoking crack for energy?

:)

one things leads to another...

MMJ_fanatic

It's a pee-inducing drink
that would be a diuretic  ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

SmoothOprtr

I just bought some Egg Nog coffee from some knock off gormet brand... I'm pumped!
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

EC

We used to use egg nog in our coffee after Christmas to use it up, because you're always stuck with 7/8 of a jug of egg nog after only one person (usually pregnant or a teetotaller) says "Oh, I love eggnog, but just a little smidge for me, please".  

So ratz, how's it going?

Jellyfish

My doc told me to stay away from Caffeine cause it caused me to retain water.....I will ask him next time I visit.

Meanwhile,I am still drinking about 4 Espresso's a day....lol.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

EC

QuoteMy doc told me to stay away from Caffeine cause it caused me to retain water.....I will ask him next time I visit.

Meanwhile,I am still drinking about 4 Espresso's a day....lol.

heh.  Yeah, I make a 12cup espresso pot in the morning and drink it like regular coffee.   :-/  (I don't use as much coffee as I would for normal espresso, though.)

You're right Jellyfish.  When your body becomes dehydrated (as it would from releasing extra fluids because of the coffee), it then goes into panic mode, and retains fluids in anticipation of you draining them again.  The best way to keep everything flowing properly is to drink a glass of water every hour.  

The best way to get rid of water retention is to drink more water.  Hilarious, but true.  :)