it makes you wonder...

Started by ratsprayer, Mar 11, 2006, 04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratsprayer

...are these the majority of the people still left supporting Bush?  this is an australia reporter asking this, is this how most people view americans?  should australians be worried?  it's funny and tremendously sad at the same time...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2587661313510275113

Chills

Quote.this how most people view americans?  

Nah, I think it's pretty lame to look down in any way on Americans. It's the hip thing to do however.

Still had a laugh with the Australia fragment.
Keep your eyes open guys, they're coming from the east!

wellfleet

you do realize that these videos are jokes, right? did you read the crawl underneath? "nerd couple take walk on beach..."
rick mercer, a canadian comedian, had this special called "talking to americans" where he went to major cities and universities across america and asked random people these insane questions like "even though canada has no access to bodies of water, should they stll have a navy?" and all these people were saying how it's important and maybe canada could station its navy in the us. for the record, canada has access to the atlantic, pacific, great lakes, and much, much more!
but you're gonna find ignorance everywhere.
everything sucks. really.

ratsprayer

Quoteyou do realize that these videos are jokes, right? did you read the crawl underneath? "nerd couple take walk on beach..."
rick mercer, a canadian comedian, had this special called "talking to americans" where he went to major cities and universities across america and asked random people these insane questions like "even though canada has no access to bodies of water, should they stll have a navy?" and all these people were saying how it's important and maybe canada could station its navy in the us. for the record, canada has access to the atlantic, pacific, great lakes, and much, much more!
but you're gonna find ignorance everywhere.

right i dont doubt the videos are a joke, but i do think these people actually believe what theyre saying.  a study just came out showing people know more members of the Simpsons than number of freedoms protected by the first amendment.  fact is, people dont have much knowledge about geography at all.

MMJ_fanatic

WOW
Report Card:

Geography: F

There's some losers in there alright
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ratsprayer

brazil, indonesia......

that guy is my favourite one.

the couple debating from which side to attack "iran" is a close second.

Mr. T.

"it's their attitude" ;D

I posted this one before, but here it is again:
all in good fun ;)

We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

ratsprayer

yeah thanks for posting that.   :)    it goes along well with the tone of things here, just cheeky fun to make us laugh.   ;D

Mr. T.

"go see the Queer" should actually be "...Queen" (it is in the original pic) :)

funny though
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times