Grammy Nominations

Started by dwight, Dec 05, 2003, 10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwight

I just saw them in the Courier Journal this morn. Of course I had visions of seeing It Still Moves nominated for best Album but... fuck... it's the Grammys. Although at polar opposites of the MMJ sound, The Outkast album has gotten a lot of good reviews.  Anyone care to comment on the Grammys, who they think deserves to win, who WILL win, their take on other Albums that should have been nominated, etc. etc.   :)

DD

look if milli vanilli can win a grammy can it REALLY be THAT important or prestigious?

its all a sham just like most other awards shows.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

marktwain

There's a lot of crap nominated.
Seems like since celebrities are what attracts a viewing audience (and thus sells advertising), celebrities are the only nominees.  Does anyone really believe that the "record of the year" could come from beyonce?

lfish

Do the grammies care for music? I don't think so.  Only money..... Money, it's a crime.... Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.
lfish

lfish

But I think Loudon wainwright is still caring for his grammy.   ;) (an inside joke for the loudon wainwright fans amongst us)
lfish

peanut butter puddin surprise

The Simpsons do it right by parodying the grammies at every turn...last week, the marquee on some theater they were going to had the tagline "Emmys and Grammys to Merge"...

Not to mention that Homer got a Grammy for the B-Sharps...ha ha
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

marktwain

QuoteNot to mention that Homer got a Grammy for the B-Sharps...ha ha

Mmm.  "Baby on Board."  They just don't make songs like that anymore. :)

primushead

Not to mention that Homer got a Grammy for the B-Sharps...ha ha

Actually, I think it was the "Bee-sharps".

Random bump :)