T.O. to the Cowboys

Started by ycartrob, Mar 20, 2006, 09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

So, how do you Cowboys fans root for TO after he pulled that stunt on the star at midfield when he was with the 49ers?

More and more, this is what I really don't like about pro sports. Seems every year there is less team loyalty and these atheletes are more and more businessmen, showing their "dedication" to whichever team's colors they are wearing that year.

It has to be confusing to have to root for a guy who pretty much spit on your team logo. And he probably still feels the same way.

peanut butter puddin surprise

funny, they unloaded Keyshawn Johnson before they got T.O.  Apparently, one Prima Donna on the team is enough.

T.O.'s an idiot.  He's going to get booed, but what does he care?  He'll still get paid.   I'm thinking he's going to take some ass beating this year from opposing teams-esp. Philly.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

primushead

If this isn't a douchey enough picture, I don't know what is.

peanut butter puddin surprise

LOL-he looks like a superhero.  or, sort of..
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

primushead

Maybe a superZERO!   ;D

wellfleet

my husband, the ultra-fanatical cowboys' fan, said at the end of last season that he suspects that jerry jones will be bringing T.O. to dallas and sure enough. he also said that if this happens, he will never watch the cowboys again.
now, he feels that the cowboys are going to the super bowl and that, in the limited scope of cowboys supremacy, that this is a great deal.
he also feels a great deal of shame and says he feels dirty. he compared it to sleeping with the school slut. you don't want anyone to know it, but inside you're doing a little happy dance...
he's a formidable football player, no doubt about that, so if you want the cowboys to win, then you're willing to swallow it....
on the one hand, guys like T.O. are the reason i don't really watch pro sports anymore because you can be really rich and successful without being satan. and then i think, this is sports but also entertainment and he knows that, he's a showman, a big-mouthed jerk with hands of gold, he sells tickets, the controversies get people interested and talking...
that dallas-philly monday night gameis going to be a blockbuster...
AND... in the long line of misbehavin' cowboys, he's not even the worst one, isn't that a scary thought?
everything sucks. really.

ycartrob

Quotemy husband, the ultra-fanatical cowboys' fan, said at the end of last season that he suspects that jerry jones will be bringing T.O. to dallas and sure enough. he also said that if this happens, he will never watch the cowboys again.
now, he feels that the cowboys are going to the super bowl and that, in the limited scope of cowboys supremacy, that this is a great deal.
he also feels a great deal of shame and says he feels dirty. he compared it to sleeping with the school slut. you don't want anyone to know it, but inside you're doing a little happy dance...
he's a formidable football player, no doubt about that, so if you want the cowboys to win, then you're willing to swallow it....
on the one hand, guys like T.O. are the reason i don't really watch pro sports anymore because you can be really rich and successful without being satan. and then i think, this is sports but also entertainment and he knows that, he's a showman, a big-mouthed jerk with hands of gold, he sells tickets, the controversies get people interested and talking...
that dallas-philly monday night gameis going to be a blockbuster...
AND... in the long line of misbehavin' cowboys, he's not even the worst one, isn't that a scary thought?

I became a Red Sox fan after living in new England in the late 80's. I gave up on the Red Sox when they traded Nomar Garciaparra in 2004, said I would never root for them again, and of course, they won the Series that year.

Pro sports is passing me by...(but I will always be a New Orleans Saints fan.)

wellfleet

i remember my first "these guys are real assholes" moment. it should have taught me everything i needed to know, but i hung on for 7 more years...
i was barely 12, waiting in the cold outside the Montreal Forum for the Buffalo team to arrive because i really liked Pat Lafontaine (american hockey player, big star at the time)... well, he refused to sign my hockey card and i was heartbroken. there were only a handful of people waiting, it wasn't going to be a big deal. meanwhile, grant fuhr, their goalie at the time, signed all my cards and my stick and i have them in my album...
but my wake up moment was when colorado lost to detroit in game 6 of the playoffs one year and i had nightmares that night about how colorado didn't really lose and that there will be a game 7 and everything will be ok. that's when i realized i needed to devote more energy to other things. so i did.
my mom always said that she wished i'd known other things as well as i knew team stats.

and re: T.O. my hockey coach used to say that you take a lot of shit from a 50-goal scorer that you wouldn't from a 20-goal scorer. i'm not sure that's justice, but it is bidness...

wellfleet

from T.O.'s web site. he's released a rap song.

here are the lyrics:

I'm gonna make it hard for you dudes try to stop my show
Look it's hard for you dudes trying to stop my bro
Ask Philly was it hard trying to stop T.O.?
He the main reason that the fans would come fo'

When he took that hit and bounced right back
Gotta brand new deal and his pocket's fat
Like (somebody's name) asking `Where you at'
You can tell `em your in Dallas with your Cowboy's hat

Go Big Blue, go on do what you do
Going to have the city going crazy, fans going to love you
Like Ray Charles you going to make it `do what it do'
Still  the best in the game and you know that it's true

Take the team to the top where it used to be
I can see another trophy up in Big D
You going to set a few records, be back in the Pro Bowl
One week after winning the Super Bowl

(Chorus)

(I'm back) and I'm better than ever
(I'm back) and I'm getting this cheddar
(I'm back) but this time I'm a Cowboy
(I'm back) and I gotta say a wow boy

(repeat)

(T.O.)
I am back with a vengeance, I'm back on a mission
Got the recipe (???) so I'm back in the kitchen
Try to take me out of the game, people say intermission
Got the whole world's undivided attention

It's a brand new year, got a brand new team
I'm a Cowboy now, no more black and green
And to the haters who said I wouldn't get my money
I'm laughing in your face, ha ha, that's funny

And when comes to this game I'm the best on the field
Some said I would sign just a one-year deal
Well I got what I wanted, up front, 10 mil
Changed the rules of the game, so now how you feel?

When I work my magic when I catch that rock
I dominate like Shaq when he's down on the block
And this will probably be my best season by far
No more 'get my Eagle on', meet me at the star

(Chorus)