Main Menu

Ma new axe

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Mar 16, 2006, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

So I've been goofing around with a mandolin for some time now and I recently got a wild hair across my ass to pick up another geetah since I had many years ago hocked all my equipment and this is whot I gots, dig it:

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewimage.x/00000000/musicpals/OV5K1solos1.jpg?sp=1
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

primushead

Lookin' good!  I've rarely seen a black ovation...that looks good though.  Does it play well?  I've never been too trustworthy of a guitar with a plastic back. :)

Dee.

Ooh, that looks nice.  How's it treatin' ya?

MMJ_fanatic

still waiting for the shipment :(

Dee.

Ah.  Soon.  Soon it will be allll yours.   8)

Jaimoe

Quotestill waiting for the shipment :(

Does this mean you ordered the guitar without playing it first? I'd never buy a guitar without first playing and putting it through a workout.

MMJ_fanatic

I've messed w/ a few Ovations and kinda like 'em.  If I find this one annoying I'll just stick it on e-bay

EC

You know, the perfect way to get familiar with your guitar would be to record a cover tune for the tribute volume III...

Serious.  :)

tomEisenbraun

:)

that said, i don't do ovations, but to each his own.

i'd be interested to hear how it sounds. i guess those things are pretty much dependent on bein plugged in, rather than the acoustic tone of em, and i barely ever plug in. all that to say, i'm tootin my own horn. so ignore me, please.

i like the finish, and she'll look great on stage. hope she plays nicely, give us an update when you get 'er.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

MMJ_fanatic

it came and it is good  8)

ChiefOKONO

congrats.. you gotta love a new guitar!!!