Procrastinators R Us

Started by wellfleet, Apr 12, 2006, 03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wellfleet

Share your bestest, most awesome, most brazen, most successful act of procrastination ever...

But do it now!

everything sucks. really.

MMJ_fanatic

I remember staying up all night in college to write an English lit report, finishing about 6 am the day it was due, and I got an A! ;D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

primushead

QuoteI remember staying up all night in college to write an English lit report, finishing about 6 am the day it was due, and I got an A! ;D

Mine is quite similiar...last year I had to write a 10 page paper on the Faulkland Islands conflict.  Likewise, I got all jacked up on Coffee and stayed up the whole night writing all 10 pages.  I, too, got an A.  Hooray for procrastination!

EC

QuoteI remember staying up all night in college to write an English lit report, finishing about 6 am the day it was due, and I got an A! ;D

THAT is your BEST procrastination story?  COME ON.

-I put off my taxes for three years once.
-I pretended I had a flu for two weeks because I was putting off breaking up with somebody.
-I've put off cleaning my room for about five months now.  Minimal tidying happens, but it actually only gets cleaned when I have another, more important, thing to do.
-Pretty much every writing assignment, every play, every exam, every whatever I had to do in University was put off up to the hour of it being performed or being due.
-My driver's license expired, and they gave me six weeks notice, but I didn't renew it until yesterday
-My wallet was stolen in Europe and I didn't get all of the important cards and documents renewed until well after a year after I got back.

Actually, the funny thing is, I've been pretty good about doing shit when it comes up lately (aside from my driver's license, but I don't have a car, so whateves).  So maybe I'm improving.   8)

primushead

Nah, Meg.  That all sounds like laziness to me 8)

tomEisenbraun

i had an 8 page report about the rwanda genocide in the early nineties. we had a rough draft due that i never did, and waited til the night before to actually begin to work on it. i wound up falling asleep by accident at about six am when i moved my computer to my bed. i woke up right before class at 11 (the paper wasn't due til my 5:30 class met) I went to my three morning classes and then ran back to the room and finished that sucker at 5:30 and ran to class. got there late and turned it in. got an A, I think. Might have been a B+. But I definitely thought i wasn't gonna make it.

but procrastination is the story behind every speech i've done in speech class this year, too. i haven't started any of them until the night before, and even then, normally wait til about 11 or so to really get started. the last one i did my girlfriend actually kicked my butt about getting osme research done before midnight, so i had a little bit of a headstart, and i was chuggin pretty good on it, so i figured (to write the outline for it after i finished it) i'd go outside and smoek my pipe. so i went outside at 5am and had a nice pipe smoke with my computer. some maintennance lady walked by and said "Good morning!" quite cheerfully, and i realized that, holy crap, some people are going to work right now. i went up to room and instead of watching the sun rise all the way, hit the sack at like 6:15. and then woke up to finish up writing the note cards out about 3 hours later.

i hate headstarts.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

QuoteNah, Meg.  That all sounds like laziness to me 8)

what's the diff? ;)

yarrrr.

Hawkeye

"-I've put off cleaning my room for about five months now.  Minimal tidying happens, but it actually only gets cleaned when I have another, more important, thing to do."

that's hilarious...i never clean until i have a paper or something to do, in which case i proceed to clean my entire residence until it is absolutely spotless...

in college i almost NEVER started a paper until 2 am the night before it was due...i would study for tests for about 20 minutes immediately before taking them...yellow jackets and mountain dew were my friends
We could.

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteI tried jacking up on NoDoze and my eyes were wigging out, I couldn't focus on anything and thus studying becam a lost cause and I went to bed... :P
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ratsprayer

let me tell you my experience..

methamphetamines fucked me up less than yellow jackets.  those things are bad bad bad bad.

PSA:
(meth is, too)   ;)

EC

what's a yellow jacket?

TEO

Way back in the 70's it was a certain kind of downer. Probably Nembutal.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

tenn

Quotewhat's a yellow jacket?

It's an 'herbal' stimulant mostly containing ephedrine and caffeine.

I took one and I felt like I had two balloons on both sides of my stomach ready to explode.

TEO

tenn-thanx for the update!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

EC

It's an 'herbal' stimulant mostly containing ephedrine and caffeine.

I took one and I felt like I had two balloons on both sides of my stomach ready to explode.
that sounds like ass.  why in the hell do people take shit like that.

(don't answer.  there is no answer.)

sweatboard

Shit, I ment to post in this thread like a week ago and now I forgot what I was going to say.
There's Still Time.........