Main Menu

'Nuff Said

Started by ycartrob, Apr 19, 2006, 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

does the phrase  'Nuff Said  bother anyone else but me?
Makes me want to jab a bowling ball in my eye.

What about   Ain't Skeerd     ???     When I see that bumper sticker, Ain't Skeerd, makes me think of a needed bumper sticker    Cain't Spel

sorry if I offend anyone with my distate of these phrases. I am a loser, so don't worry 'bout it...

Anyone?

peanut butter puddin surprise

you mean, like this??

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ycartrob

Quoteyou mean, like this??

Man, there's a whole bunch of shit goin' down in that there bumpersticker; let me get back to you after I shower off.

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

corey

When I was in high school, I wanted to make a line of shirts and stickers called "scared as hell" as a counter to the "no fear" and "ain't skeered" line. I actually made one with a t-shirt and a sharpie that looked pretty cool.
:)

SiOuxTribe

That poster both offends me, makes me laugh and cry and shit my pants all at the same time.
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

QuoteThat poster both offends me, makes me laugh and cry and shit my pants all at the same time.

and, that's exactly the point!  

tomEisenbraun

you don't suppose the people who made this shirt talked to marketing did you? there's so much happening in there, and the only thing good about it is the whiskey, which is too ignorantly "rebel" to even be appreciable.

i'd gladly have a gentleman jack over Old Rebel because of marketing alone.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

I think the whole thing is a total farce, meant to inspire exactly what SiouxTribe said...offend, laugh, cry, and shit your pants.

or, how about this for a lark:

ycartrob

ya know, in some weird way, that Old Rebel ad actually makes me feel like saying (for the first time in my life, really meaning it) 'Nuff said.

:-/

primushead

Speaking as a southerner, I hate "Get Er Done" more than about anything in this world.  It's annoying, overplayed and just a shitty catch phrase in general.  

While we're on the topics of things we hate, I've gotta run this one by.  Is anyone greatly annoyed by the 'skits' in between songs on hip-hop/rap albums?  I love Kanye West, Outkast and Ghostface, but the skits in between tracks take away so much from the album, IMHO.  Maybe I'm just too white to get it, but I wish more MC's would take a note from MF Doom and have NO SKITS on their albums.  

Ok, there's my rant :)

ratsprayer

While we're on the topics of things we hate, I've gotta run this one by.  Is anyone greatly annoyed by the 'skits' in between songs on hip-hop/rap albums?  I love Kanye West, Outkast and Ghostface, but the skits in between tracks take away so much from the album, IMHO.  Maybe I'm just too white to get it, but I wish more MC's would take a note from MF Doom and have NO SKITS on their albums.  

Ok, there's my rant :)

i think some of the skits on some albums are very funny, but the percentage is pretty horrible, and even the good ones usually dont stand up after years and years of listening.  on the other hand, i think white indie bands should follow the trend and put skits on their records that would include what book they just read, or maybe how they got the fuck beat out of them back in school.  now those will be timeless.

;D

ycartrob

I like at the end of There's Nothing Wrong With Love by Built To Spill how Phil Eck has a preview of the next BTS album

primushead

Ahhhhh...I never noticed that.  I always just stopped the album after 'stab'.  Thanks ycartrob.

MMJ_fanatic

Quotedoes the phrase  'Nuff Said  bother anyone else but me?

Anyone?

Nuff Said will NEVER get old for me as it originates from one of my childhood heroes--Smilin' Stan Lee of Marvel comics.  Hope ya don't get a black eye Tracy! :D.  Excelsior!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Angry Ewok

Social Commentary Over Lunch

The Sonic was obviously this town's hot spot. Local kids roamed about, giving all of us Roo'ers odd looks and occasional sneers. Jealous eyes. I couldn't blame them for being hateful towards us, after all - everyone is a yuppie in the eyes of a kid wasting his life away in Manchester, Tennessee. I suppose I was relatively sympathetic for the youth in Manchester, that is, until I realized the extent of the peoples' love for that ridiculously stupid catchphrase, 'Git-R-Done'...

"What a bunch of hopeless hicks..."

I saw the phrase painted on the windows of almost every single pickup truck in Manchester. Not just the pick-ups, but the cars and vans, too. Perhaps these teenage rednecks had made it their prom phrase, or whatever the hell it is they do in schools these days.

"To give up 'The South Will Rise Again' for this... absolutely tragic," I shook my head in disgust, watching as the locals flirted with one another. I spotted one girl looking at herself with a boys side mirror –  "I've never understood how rednecks can find attraction in one another –"

Just a little snippit from my novel, Bonnaroo or Burst.

:-*
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

primushead

Heheh.  I definitely prefer "the south will rise again" too... :)