God damn, I love me some Spring Cleaning

Started by EC, Apr 30, 2006, 05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

It is a well documented fact that I am messy at home.  I am very organized at places of work - people hire me because I know how to take over a big mess and make it manageable and keep it that way.  Isn't that a fantastic thing to brag about?  ;)

Anyhow, at home, not so much.  It's not that I'm not organized - I know where everything is.  It's just that when it comes to keeping my house neat, I have way more important things to do (in my head).  I generally go through periods of being so insanely busy that I can hardly remember to pay bills, or else things are very slow, and all I want to do is watch movies.

Anyhow, generally once a year I do a massive overhaul.  Usually it's when I move, but for the first time in, oh, god, ten years, I didn't move.  So things got...  yeah.  Messy.  Messier.

But today I decided NO MORE.  God, the amount of backlogged things that I just damn did today.  Papers.  Why do we have so many pieces of paper in our house?  Why do I need that to do list from 1998?!  I seriously threw out a to do list from 1998.  It must've slipped through the cracks in the last move.  Why do I keep birthday cards for more than one month? Why did I think it was necessary to keep every single piece of writing I've ever done since grade 9?

No more.  Begone you bad play from 2001.  So long phone bills more than five years old.  Get outta my goddamn house grant packages from a career I'm no longer in.

Y'all didn't need to read this far if'n you did.  I just feel good.  I scrubbed the kitchen floor with my hands.  :)  Sweet.

Form91225

it's therapeutic. i actually have monday-tuesday off and i can't wait to do some dusting in out-of-the-way places that my height-challenged punkin' can't get to, and i also intend to figure out how to cut down some clutter elsewhere.

when we moved a few months back, we filled literally three 3x3x5-foot bins at the goodwill store and it was liberating...

fitzcarraldo

EC

QuoteMegan, what an inspiration!   :)

Are you thinking about it?  I highly recommend it.  And if you blare At Dawn and ISM one after the other, it's very enjoyable.  ;)
Other excellent musical choices for Spring Cleaning include:
The Best of Loretta Lynn
Harvest
Harvest Moon
Back in Black

Chills

Other excellent musical choices for Spring Cleaning include:

Back in Black

Yes!
By the way, anyone notice that that album has the most obvious double-entendres in the whole AC/DC catalogue?
Come on
Givin' the dog a bone?
Let me put my love into you?

Although Bon Scott was a master of subtlety himself, especially in Big Balls.
It's all very interesting.