How cool would this be?

Started by jmiles70, Jun 22, 2008, 11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmiles70

All signs point to a Zeppelin reunion in 2009.MMJ as an opener(at least at a few shows).The Stones had Pearl Jam,why not a young up and coming band that can tear it up on stage?Who else would they get Coldplay?Please.

DavidCrosby

.....Led Zeppelin wont let that happen because MMJ would be way better then they were.....
listen to vinyl

EgoTesticle

Quote.....Led Zeppelin wont let that happen because MMJ would be way better then they were.....

... Touche'
Thank you .... You've been a lovely audience ....I'll be here all week .... Try the veal!

capt. scotty

was John Bonham resurrected? Last I checked a Beatles reunion is as likely as a Zep one
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

evilPaauwe

Quotewas John Bonham resurrected? Last I checked a Beatles reunion is as likely as a Zep one

bonham's son is fittingly his predecessor.
cheers.

Love Dogg

Not to bring the party down, but it sounds like a disaster to me.  Sure, I love Zeppelin...one of the baddest bands ever!  And I'm only thirty (and middle class) so I've never seen them live.  I would love to see them live, and it would be cool to see "this" show, but if you think about it, it won't work.

First of all, the ticket price would be absurd.  Absurd enought that the average MMJ fan wouldn't be able to afford them.  Secondly, the people who could afford those tickets aren't going to "come early" for MMJ , they're going to be dropped off right before showtime.  If that happens, the Jacket won't get any love at all.  Thirdly, there is a good possibility that MMj would upstage Zep, if they did open.  Zeppelin's people won't have that, and since the average person couldn't afford the ticket price, there wouldn't be enough of "us" there to make this happen.  Thus, quite possibly taking a toll on the band's self-esteem.

In about four years, though, Led Zeppelin will be able to open for My Morning Jacket.  Now THAT, I would see!  :D
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Angry Ewok

Can you imagine the ticket price? $300 for shitty seats, easy.

But yeah, that'd be cool if it was the real Led Zeppelin.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.