R.I.P.  Pina Colada Song

Started by sweatboard, May 17, 2006, 04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

As of 4:34am EST May 17th 2006 I have OFFICIALY terminated my campaign for the Pina Colada Song.  It shall hence forth never be talked about ever again on this forum (by me, you all can all feel free to discuss it's brilliance at any time.)  This thread is your opportunity to say a few words on behalf of The Pina Colada song before it is layed to rest forevermore. :'(  

I'll go first..........

Pina Colada Song.......You are so romantic, and tell such a beautiful story of how one man found that the love he had found in the personal columns turned out to be his own lovely lady.  Pina Colada Song....When your beautiful solo kicks in I just want to be drinking a pina colada getting fucked up on a beach somewhere and singing along with you.  Ok, I'm good.      
There's Still Time.........

peanut butter puddin surprise

it's lying there in a shallow grave right next to the remains of the Gorton Fisherman Brigade.  :'(
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

And the 101 Hamburger Jokes.  :'( :'( :'(

(Also, just so you know Brian, if it ever so happens that I'm playing and you're there, I'm singing it for you.)

MMJ_fanatic

I hope it's dressed in it's glitziest polyester leisure suit
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

primushead

Should be go ahead and bury "Cock" while we're at it?  

If so, Meg should get to say one last "Cock" before it's retired.  

EC

QuoteShould be go ahead and bury "Cock" while we're at it?  

If so, Meg should get to say one last "Cock" before it's retired.  

oooooooohhhhhh no.  please let's don't do that.  i'm not ready to retire cock yet.

oooooooohhhhhh no.  please let's don't do that.  i'm not ready to retire cock yet.

um....... :o

EC

Quote from: ameliaclaire  link=1147855245/0#6 date=1147888763

um....... :o

yep.  ;)

primushead

Ok, that's fine.  Cock will remain among us for a while longer.   8)

sweatboard

QuoteOk, that's fine.  Cock will remain among us for a while longer.   8)

You know what is makeing me sad right now......................................................................................................."[size=27]THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE FUCKING COCK"[/size]

it's about the Pina Colada song and all you ass holes can talk about is Cock.  Now say something nice about the fucking song before you really hurt our feelings.  Thanks,

Brian

okay, fine!

When I was 11, the Pina Colada song was a big hit on the radio.  It made me think the dude in it was some kind of stud and it seemed lame that he somehow found his current squeeze at the bar at the end of the song..confusing to say the least, to an 11 yr old.

Besides you, it will always make me think of Virginia Beach, as we went there that summer on a family vacation.  It and "Heart of Glass" were the big smashes that year, and it was also the time when my dad lost his trunks in the ocean and emereged from the surf with his COCK exposed!  the horror!!!

sweatboard

That's beautiful John, thank you for sharing and for speaking from your heart.  

susan saradon could be 100 years old and still be smokin' fucking hot.  jesus!  50something and still a total babe.  

i've long, long worshipped ms. sarandon.  that tim robbins is one lucky fellow.

EC

I can no longer think of Escape without immediately thinking of Brian.  I think about how excited me and Corey were for you to get it when we did that silly version because we knew how much you'd get all emotional about it. ;)

This ties in to my post earlier about music providing immediate response.  Oh Pina Colada song.  How you've brought us all together so.

tomEisenbraun

that solo is pure brilliance, with the strings behind it...ohhhh man.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

sweatboard

They way he pronounces "I - AM - IN - TO - Champaigne" sends shivers down my spine everytime.  

EC

if i remember correctly, that was your sig line for a long time.  

i would like to lay this work day to rest.  please be over soon, workday.  

sweatboard

Quoteif i remember correctly, that was your sig line for a long time.  

i would like to lay this work day to rest.  please be over soon, workday.  

You remember correctly friend.  

We are having our Kindergaten Graduation Ceremony here at work today, and I'm playing Natalie Merchants "Kind And Generous"  over the slide show.  That song makes me cry every time.  

"I don't know why you keep on giving"   :'(  

MMJ_fanatic

Quotebury "Cock" while we're at it?  

interesting entendre there PH
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

primushead

interesting entendre there PH

Thanks for noticing.  I spent about 45 minutes trying to think that up.  It's good to be appreciated.