Main Menu

The Jimmy Jig

Started by Love_Dog, Jun 18, 2008, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love Dogg

I'm surprised no one has posted about this yet, but I couldn't wait any longer.

It is the most amazing dance since "the Elaine" and way more stylistic than the "African Anteater Dance."  It beats anything Napolean Dynamite can interpret.

I saw it first when MMJ played Ear X-tacy and it blew me away!  Then I saw it again at Bonnaroo!  It's a little slap-huh shimmy thing that Jim James has created that shows traces of James Brown, and just enough of that something-something that makes even the Kevinest of Bacons jealous.

I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but it drives the ladies wild and quite honestly...I think it drives me wild.  Look for it on Conan this Thursday.  And look for it at a MMJ concert near you.  It is awesome!  

It is unofficially known as the [size=18]Jimmy Jig[/size].

So cool.  8-)
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

BH

Kevinist of Bacons!  Classic! ;D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Love Dogg

Well, it doesn't appear as though he did the Jimmy Jig on Conan, but I bet he popped some locks at RCMH.  Anybody see?  :-/  Anybody?
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Don Dante

I must second the notion that 'Kevinest of Bacons' is the funniest thing I have heard in a week.

Can't wait to see the Jimmy Jig.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

C-Bear

that little jig always makes me giggle. I love it!
What a great little ass shake, i was copying it all Saturday at work.

j_rud

QuoteWell, it doesn't appear as though he did the Jimmy Jig on Conan, but I bet he popped some locks at RCMH.  Anybody see?  :-/  Anybody?

He tried to slide on his knees a few times ala Michael J Fox in Back to the Future, but it didnt go so well...lol.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

Sherpa

I think I know what you are talking about. The james brownesque is there for sure.

My Morning Coffee

I didn't see no Jimmy Jig at RCMH...but I did see an attempt at a knee slide.

Quite the unsuccessful attempt...i was dancing away and just started cracking up out of nowhere.
something like this:  :D
~ I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong ~