the playoff hockey thread

Started by wellfleet, Apr 28, 2006, 02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jellyfish

QuoteGreat game. The Hurricanes were the better team, but not on the scoresheet. Stillman hung Staal out to dry on the last pass. Can't wait for game six in Deadmonton.

Yeah....I actually thought Carolina looked a little tired in the last 2 periods......we still got 2 chances to win it.Glad we will not face elimination in "Deadmonton" (LOL) Sat night.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Jaimoe

Well Jellyfish, it all comes down to tonight's Game 7. It may be as hot in Southern Ontario as it is in Carolina, but I still have Stanley Cup fever. Edmonton is now Canada's team - we tend to cheer for any Canadian team once "our" team gets beat out of the playoffs... unless that Canadian team is fucking Ottawa.

If Carolina wins, the Conn Smythe (playoff MVP) will go to goalie Cam Ward, beating out Cory Stillman and Rod Brind'Amour.

When Edmonton wins, the Conn Smythe will go to defenseman Chris Pronger, beating out Fernando Pisani (a breakthough season and playoffs) and defensive forward Mike Peca.

No matter in the scheme of things Canadian-wise. Carolina has the most Canadians in the league with Edmonton placing a close second. I can't hate Carolina for that. In fact, they also have two of my favourite Americans: Doug Weight and Erik Cole.

I hope for a great game regardless.

Jellyfish

It was a great game and Edmonton deserves much credit for taking it to a game 7....they had our number the last few games....Canes needed to play at the top of their game monday night and they did.

Congrats to both teams for making it exciting...NHL needed that.

Jaimoe

QuoteIt was a great game and Edmonton deserves much credit for taking it to a game 7....they had our number the last few games....Canes needed to play at the top of their game monday night and they did.

Congrats to both teams for making it exciting...NHL needed that.

Don't buy into the media saying this was the most exciting series in recent memory. The media loves it when rule changes go their way. The Flames-Lightening series from 04 was just as good, as was most of the playoffs from the past 25 years.

Hey Jellyfish, will you be a hockey fan from this point on? Just curious. I hope you will. Rent the great Paul Newman movie Slap Shot and come back and talk to me.

Jellyfish

Don't buy into the media saying this was the most exciting series in recent memory. The media loves it when rule changes go their way. The Flames-Lightening series from 04 was just as good, as was most of the playoffs from the past 25 years.

Hey Jellyfish, will you be a hockey fan from this point on? Just curious. I hope you will. Rent the great Paul Newman movie Slap Shot and come back and talk to me.

I didn't say it was the most exciting...just that it was exciting and hockey needed that after the strike season....I remember the Flames/Ltg series well...and I will always be a hockey fan...have been since I was a yougun....Flyers fan at heart but since Hartford moved to Carolina,I have jumped on their bandwagon.

I'll try and check that movie out.  ;)

Jaimoe

I didn't say it was the most exciting...just that it was exciting and hockey needed that after the strike season....I remember the Flames/Ltg series well...and I will always be a hockey fan...have been since I was a yougun....Flyers fan at heart but since Hartford moved to Carolina,I have jumped on their bandwagon.

I'll try and check that movie out.  ;)

Flyers eh? I've got an ex-Flyer (from the early 70's) going to my wedding in August... and even he can't stand Bobby Clarke. I hope Flyers captain Keith Primeau comes back. He's one of my favourite players.