Careful There Keith!

Started by dragonboy, Apr 29, 2006, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4957948.stm

Keith Richards 'tree fall' injury

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has been taken to hospital in New Zealand after injuring himself while on holiday in Fiji.

A band spokeswoman said Richards had suffered "mild concussion" and was taken to hospital as a precaution.

Media reports in Australia and New Zealand said Richards had hurt his head when he fell from a coconut tree.

The legendary musician is mid-way through a world tour with the famous British band.

The band most recently played in New Zealand and start the European leg of their tour in Barcelona next month.

"Following treatment locally and as a precautionary measure he flew to a hospital accompanied by his wife Patti for observation," the spokeswoman said.

New Zealand's Sunday Star Times reported that Richards was being treated in a hospital in Auckland and that he was conscious, mobile and had not undergone surgery.

The incident happened earlier this week but the 62-year-old rock star was taken to hospital on Saturday.

The spokeswoman said she did not know how the injury happened.

"Media reports in Australia and New Zealand said Richards had hurt his head when he fell from a coconut tree."  ???
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

ManNamedTruth

62 year olds probably shouldn't be climbing up trees. Is it grammatically correct to start a sentence with a number? Would sixty-two be the right way?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

EC

Holy crap I love Keith Richards.  Why can't a 62 year-old climb a coconut tree?  That makes me think that I haven't climbed a damn tree in ages, and I might make it my mission of the day.  :)

ratsprayer

this man is unable to die.  he's worse than dick clark, i tells ya!

if dick clark, richard simmons, and keith richards start meeting together, watch the fuck out!

dragonboy

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-05-01/

Rolling Stones star Keith Richards is recovering in hospital in Auckland, New Zealand, but press reports disagree over how the guitarist was injured. Initial reports said the 62-year-old rocker fell out of a palm tree while on holiday in Fiji on Thursday and suffered a mild concussion. A local newspaper then alleged Richards got on a jet ski after the fall and hurt himself again in another accident. Band spokeswoman Fran Curtis only comments that Richards was injured earlier this week and flew to New Zealand with wife Patti for observation. Her statement did not mention the severity of Richards' condition or how he was hurt. New Zealand's Sunday Star-Times quoted Doctor Uzzel Kanti Dhar as saying Richards was admitted to a private hospital in Fiji on Thursday and then airlifted to Auckland later that day. Fans gathered outside an Auckland hospital yesterday, and New Zealand's TV3 reported that Richard's wife arrived carrying clothes, while a security guard carried in three guitar cases.

A local newspaper then alleged Richards got on a jet ski after the fall and hurt himself again in another accident.  ??? ???
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Chills

Quotehttp://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-05-01/

Rolling Stones star Keith Richards is recovering in hospital in Auckland, New Zealand, but press reports disagree over how the guitarist was injured. Initial reports said the 62-year-old rocker fell out of a palm tree while on holiday in Fiji on Thursday and suffered a mild concussion. A local newspaper then alleged Richards got on a jet ski after the fall and hurt himself again in another accident. Band spokeswoman Fran Curtis only comments that Richards was injured earlier this week and flew to New Zealand with wife Patti for observation. Her statement did not mention the severity of Richards' condition or how he was hurt. New Zealand's Sunday Star-Times quoted Doctor Uzzel Kanti Dhar as saying Richards was admitted to a private hospital in Fiji on Thursday and then airlifted to Auckland later that day. Fans gathered outside an Auckland hospital yesterday, and New Zealand's TV3 reported that Richard's wife arrived carrying clothes, while a security guard carried in three guitar cases.

A local newspaper then alleged Richards got on a jet ski after the fall and hurt himself again in another accident.  ??? ???

Haha, boys will be boys!

primushead

Both articles fail to mention that these accidents were both caused by lack of concentration while trying to light a cigarette.

jrat

im gonna climb a tree today, and i know just the one. ill let you know ALL about it..............then im gonna look for a jet ski.....
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

ali

could keith get any more rock? i mean, everyone has had some little holiday injury or accident, but only keith could hurt himself "falling out of a coconut tree"!!

love a song for the way it makes you feel

Mr. T.

This is from 'the Sun':
Keith Richards brain op
By GORDON SMART
Deputy Showbiz Editor

ROLLING Stone Keith Richards is due to have his skull drilled after suffering a brain haemorrhage falling from a palm tree, The Sun can reveal.

The rock wildman, 62, has been told by doctors he needs to have blood drained from his brain after bashing his head in the tumble in Fiji last week.

Keith was originally diagnosed with mild concussion.

But he continued to complain of dull headaches and tests revealed a small haemorrhage.

A close pal said last night: "Keith's accident has turned out worse than everybody feared.

"After the tests doctors decided they should drain his skull. It has given him a scare but he has been told that he should make a full recovery once it's done."

Keith had the accident as he and bandmate Ronnie Wood tried to climb the tree to get coconuts at a luxury resort.

Keith lost his grip and plunged back down to the ground.

The guitar hero was flown 1,500 miles to Ascot Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand, with his wife Patti Hansen for tests.

Now that he's got his brain operated, he should do the exact same thing as Neil Young. Get better, get together with his pals, and then release 2 great albums on the trot.

That'd be nice

We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

MMJ_fanatic

Funny thing--when I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought of "Careful with that axe, Eugene"...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

I'm a little upset about this.  I really like Keith Richards and I hope he's all right.  Draining your brain doesn't really sound like day surgery.  :-/

dragonboy

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-05-10/

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has moved quickly to deny escalating rumors he faces permanent brain damage and paralysis after reportedly falling from a tree in Fiji last month. British tabloids today claimed the star was undergoing a second operation on his brain to remove broken bone and stem internal bleeding, at an Auckland, New Zealand, hospital. However, a publicist for the 62-year-old insists the reports are inaccurate and reassures fans the band will honor revised dates for their A Bigger Bang tour early next month. The statement reads, "The first and only operation was done on Monday, May 8, and was 100 per cent successful. There was no brain damage. He continues to improve as expected." Richards had a hole drilled through his skull during surgery on Monday, to release blood following a hemorrhage caused by his fall.

ali

i would have thought the "brain damage" rumours that are going around are at the very least better than all the rumours he's had over the years - like that he was actually dead, or that he had all his blood replaced etc...

;D
love a song for the way it makes you feel

dragonboy

The Rolling Stones star Keith Richards has been discharged from the hospital in New Zealand, after undergoing brain surgery on Monday. The 62-year-old rocker was rushed to The Ascot Hospital in Auckland after pressure started building on his brain following a fall in Fiji last month. Richards, who will return to the hospital for regular check-ups, thanked "the doctors" and "the beautiful ladies who make painful nights less painful and shorter" in a statement, adding, "I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the a**e - after all, it was my head that was fixed."

EC

QuoteThe Rolling Stones star Keith Richards has been discharged from the hospital in New Zealand, after undergoing brain surgery on Monday. The 62-year-old rocker was rushed to The Ascot Hospital in Auckland after pressure started building on his brain following a fall in Fiji last month. Richards, who will return to the hospital for regular check-ups, thanked "the doctors" and "the beautiful ladies who make painful nights less painful and shorter" in a statement, adding, "I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the a**e - after all, it was my head that was fixed."

what a fucking dude. hahaha.  

dragonboy

Different story, just keeping you up-to-date with all of Keith's going on's...

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-06-30/

Keith Richards' Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 cameo will be filmed when The Rolling Stones European tour wraps up in September, following months of speculation. Johnny Depp famously based his character Captain Jack Sparrow on the guitarist, and Richards has long been touted for an appearance as Depp's father in one of the two forthcoming sequels. And, after masses of on/off speculation, director Gore Verbinski has confirmed Richards will appear in the third Pirates movie, despite falling out of a palm tree in April and subsequently undergoing skull surgery. Verbinski tells MTV, "We've written a little cameo, and Keith has scheduled us into his tour, and it's going to be a lot of fun. Apparently he's doing really well, and we'll shoot him in September."

banjohead

62? You guys sure he isn't 162? He looks like it.. anyway. I am suprised he didn't break both hips from the fall. He looks like he is about to blow over on stage. He sure can rip it up on guitar, though.