Confession time, pt. 2

Started by Dorothy_Mantooth, Jul 06, 2006, 12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

I won a Karaoke with "Not Your Stepping Stone"
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Chills

QuoteI knew you'd get it! Cheers Patrick, you're the coolest!  ;)

"Like all the songs on "Whitney", it's played by a terrific backup studio band with Narada on drum machine, Wolter Afanasieff on the synthesizer and synth bass, Corrado Rustici on synth guitar, and someone listed as Bongo Bob on percussion programming and drum sampling."

"It's jazzy modern feel harcks back not only to purveyors of modern jazz like Michael Jackson and Sade but also to other artists like Miles Davis, Paul Butterfield and Bobby McFerrin."

;D Damn, that chapter was priceless.

PS: "She sings it, and we believe it"  8)

dragonboy

There are a couple of Christopher Cross songs that I really like  :-[
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Chills

QuoteThere are a couple of Christopher Cross songs that I really like  :-[

I don't even know who that guy is. Please illustrate why this embarrasses you  :)

dragonboy

QuoteI don't even know who that guy is. Please illustrate why this embarrasses you  :)
Hmm, it doesn't get much more MOR or AOR than Christopher Cross + the guy has a thing about flamingos  :-[
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Dee.

Confession: I am wearing a Neil Diamond shirt at this very moment.

sweatboard

Confession: I'm caressing my dukes of hazzard "General Lee" matchbox car that I just found that I had since I was like 6yrs old.  It's got scratches and peeled paint and it's missing a wheel and for some reason that makes me even more happy about finding it.  I drove that son of a bitch into the ground.......apparently.
There's Still Time.........

dragonboy

QuoteConfession: I am wearing a Neil Diamond shirt at this very moment.
Nothing to be ashamed of there D - wear that shirt with pride!

Chills

the guy has a thing about flamingos  :-[

:o

dragonboy

Debut Album...

Follow up...

Best of...

Very best of...

Need I go on?  :-[

dragonboy

HAHA - that's my best post ever right there  ;D

TEO

I watch the Young and the Restless.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Chills

Debut Album...

Follow up...

Best of...

Very best of...

Need I go on?  :-[

That was enlightening! Indeed, it looks safe to say that he actually has a thing about flamingo's...

TEO

QuoteThere are a couple of Christopher Cross songs that I really like  :-[
I rode with some friends once that played R&B for like 4 hours and finally "Sailing" came on and I felt like I had gone to Rock 'n Roll Heaven!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

sweatboard

Is Christopher Coss the Mackdaddy or the Daddymack?
There's Still Time.........

ycartrob

I saw Christopher Cross at the 2nd "Day of Rock and Roll" at the Superdome in 1980. He got booed pretty heavily as we patiently awaited Foriegner, Chep Trick and The Eagles...

dragonboy

QuoteI saw Christopher Cross at the 2nd "Day of Rock and Roll" at the Superdome in 1980. He got booed pretty heavily as we patiently awaited Foriegner, Chep Trick and The Eagles...
Haha, not surprising though really, is it? There's nothing Rock & Roll about Christopher Cross! That said, are Foriegner Rock & Roll? I think I'm gonna spin I Wanna Know What Love Is right now...
PS Welcome back Tracy - how was you trip?

ycartrob

1980 was before all the Know What Love Is crap, when Foriegner was still trying to rock their way into making a living; Dirty White Boy, Long Way From Home, etc...

Had a great trip, thanks for asking. If you have the chance to get to South Dakota (Black Hills, Badlands) do so.

BH

QuoteConfession: I'm caressing my dukes of hazzard "General Lee" matchbox car that I just found that I had since I was like 6yrs old.  It's got scratches and peeled paint and it's missing a wheel and for some reason that makes me even more happy about finding it.  I drove that son of a bitch into the ground.......apparently.

Are the little tiny wheels filled with dirt?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.