Quick ways to make money

Started by eiseyrokker, Aug 13, 2006, 10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

haha, trouble is, my cd's were all stolen this summer. so the only ones i've bought back are the ones that I really wanted. Shame on me, my only Jacket album so far is It Still Moves (i still have the Run Thru ep and The Xmas Fiasco Style EP, though...those were at home). so i don't have many cd's to sell.

I might try and go busking on saturday night on the main strip. or just sit outside near the cool part of town.

on that note, I may have a full scale cd out in about a week. i just realized i've recorded enough original stuff this summer that, if i rerecord a couple of older songs which i've never cared for recording-wise, I could have a full 45 minutes-or-so cd on my hands. then I just need to figure out how to get a bunch made and how to make em look purty. I just realized this tonight, and that got me very excited. I'm going to visciously pursue getting people into my music this year. Play as often as I can and just start writing more. My goal is to be something close to M. Ward, but also throwing in a bunch of folk traditionals. Kinda like M. Ward with some Mississippi John Hurt and a little Irish-ness thrown in.

I dunno, would any of y'all buy a cd? whenever  that comes out?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ali

oh yeah, sorry!! forgot that you'd had them all nicked.... well, scratch that idea! the busking sounds much more promising anyway!

sounds like you're going to have an excitingly musical year!

definitely put me down for a cd... ya never know, i might be able to get you a little aussie fanbase happening!  ;D
love a song for the way it makes you feel

SMc55

I dunno, would any of y'all buy a cd? whenever  that comes out?
Of course  :)

Mr. T.

QuoteI dunno, would any of y'all buy a cd? whenever  that comes out?

If it sounds like what I heard on your myspace, I most definitely would!
On the other hand, if it would happen to sound totally different, I'd still buy it  ;)

Good luck with it Tom, you got my full support

edit: this message was filled with typos
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

MMJ_fanatic

Quotecut your feet off and wheel around on a mechanics dolly. use your knuckles only when pushing, so they bleed.
Sympathy = Money

Losing body parts isn't worth any amount of dough--you can take that to the bank >:(.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

tomEisenbraun

Losing body parts isn't worth any amount of dough--you can take that to the bank >:(.

shit, i don't know what to say to that...

you have us?

man, yeah, i've got four or five songs to record/re-record and i'll have some sort of pushable album. but in the meantime, i've been communicating with this sweet school in Nashville about working with kids from Kindergarten to 4th or 5th grade with some afterschool program for relatively decent cash.

looks pretty frickin cool. i wonder if they'll need me to shave my beard and reveal my beard sunburn that i developed this week?

http://www.usn.org/Library/InfoManage/Guide.asp?FolderID=71&SessionID={54213298-034E-4811-8874-C009FA8B4750}&SP=2

there's some info about it there. sounds awesome.

MMJ_fanatic

you have us?

aw shucks ::)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ycartrob

Sell your gee-tars and get a fucking job you freeloadin' lazy sack of shit!

"all your life is obscene! forget the papers, forget your musical dreams!"

"You get a God damn job before sundown or we're shipping you off to military school with that God damn Finkelstein shit kid! Son of a bitch!"

tomEisenbraun

haha, i can't wait to rock Nashvegas with you again, Tracy.

that said, this job is sounding pretty hopeful. any prayers/vibes for it would be quite well appreciated. but it sounds like i would absolutely love it, getting to work with ids every day doing something i love with them getting to do (hopefully) something they love. could it get any better?