Back to School.......

Started by TEO, Aug 16, 2006, 06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEO

Even going into my 25th year I am rushing and tingling with excitement! Everyone who is going back have a GREAT year, it is all what YOU make it.
              "You are as happy as you want to be".
                                      - Abraham Lincoln-
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

GOD it was good to get back to work!

Dee.

Back already?

Summer's....over?

:'(

This summer was great, but I suppose it's time to get back to business.  Good to hear you're back in it to win it, TEO.  I start grad school the first week of Sept.  Eek.

TEO

QuoteBack already?

Summer's....over?

:'(

This summer was great, but I suppose it's time to get back to business.  Good to hear you're back in it to win it, TEO.  I start grad school the first week of Sept.  Eek.

Thank You! I can already tell I have a bunch of really Cool Kids. We are gonna' have a blast!

FarmerYoda

I think I'm the only 15 year old in the world whose looking foreward to heading back to school.

I loooooooove school.

Dee.

What are your favorite subjects?

Do you color code your folders and notebooks?

TEO

Deanna-sorry I got in a bit of a rush this morning, Good luck in Grad. school! You can do whatever you set your mind to. There will probably be some bore professors, but hang in there, there will be alot of good ones as well. Best wishes,   TEO

Dee.

TEO

QuoteI think I'm the only 15 year old in the world whose looking foreward to heading back to school.

I loooooooove school.

Face- my 18 year old son could not wait either! It is all what you make it. He is going to be my Teacher's assistant in the Spring and we are going to PARTY! He also came through my classroom, sat up front in the middle, and we exchanged "knowing" glances all year. I did not ever make an exception for him. As a matter of fact I was "hard". Unlike other teachers that I know who actually snuck into other classrooms, "borrowed" the keys to the subject matter and basically cheated for their own dumbass kids. Have a great year, and active minds never are quenched.   TEO

FarmerYoda

QuoteWhat are your favorite subjects?

i love every subject but mostly english and maths.
i don't like sciences too much, i'll be taking chem next year, and last year i took physics - i did alright but i don't like it so much.

i also like history but last year i had a realllly hard teacher and ended up with a B in the honors class, knowing i could've done a bajillion times better if my teacher was so particular with everything.\\

but i think english and math are my favorite.

Dee.

Very nice.  I always like when I hear people say that math is their favorite, because then I know at least someone is understanding it.  I'm not so hot with numbers.

aMD

I'm glad to be back too.  I'm very excited about my class.  I have third grade and I have seven students reading on a fifth grade level or above.  that's going to be a fun reading group.  

Although it's good to be back at work, i'm going to miss my summer side projects (don't expect a lot of updates on the tabs site for a bit) :-/

tomEisenbraun

I just got moved into my campus apartment. It'll take a little work and a woman's touch, but this is gonna be nice new home this year.

and by moved in, i mean i have all of my crap piled up in my room and my computer plugged in to the internet (and At Dawn blaring as loud as blaring can be through computer speakers :) )

this is gonna be a good year :)
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteI have third grade and I have seven students reading on a fifth grade level or above.  that's going to be a fun reading group.  

Although it's good to be back at work, i'm going to miss my summer side projects (don't expect a lot of updates on the tabs site for a bit) :-/

dude, accelerated readers are the shit (you can tell from my wonderful diction here that I was, indeed, one of those). seriously, kick those kids asses. i was never pressed hard enough in public school being one of those kids who was a stronger reader. That's not to say that it just floundered out on me, but I did miss out a bit when I got to high school and forgot about how enjoyable reading was. Definitely don't let em forget what a joy reading is.

That said, I swear I'm gonna get Sweethear tabbed out soon. In fact, I'm gonna leave a sticky note to myself to do it tonight. It's ridiculously simple, and I'm sure it won't take but a minute. So that'll be nice and easy for ya to slap on up there if you'd like.

w00t
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

TEO

QuoteI just got moved into my campus apartment. It'll take a little work and a woman's touch, but this is gonna be nice new home this year.

and by moved in, i mean i have all of my crap piled up in my room and my computer plugged in to the internet (and At Dawn blaring as loud as blaring can be through computer speakers :) )

this is gonna be a good year :)

I know you will make it one! :)

fan75

QuoteEven going into my 25th year I am rushing and tingling with excitement! Everyone who is going back have a GREAT year, it is all what YOU make it.
             "You are as happy as you want to be".
                                     - Abraham Lincoln-
25th year?  Are you a teacher or just going for a PhD.?  ;)

If you are a teacher, what grade/level/subject do you teach?  Good luck to you in your new year!

(Actually if I'd kept up with going to school straight on from when my brother was born 25 yrs ago, when  started kindergarten, I'd be in my 25th or 26th year I guess.  ;D)
http://savefile.com/projects/808465307
[url]http://savefile.com/projects/808465344[/url]

TEO

Grade 6 Science. I do not even have my masters, nor do I want one. I am not in it for the money, ( I am very fortunate, and do not have to worry about that). I just frickin' love it! Keeping up on latest developments etc., and usually the kids where I teach are pretty cool.

evilPaauwe

i'm 16, people nag about school all the time. school isn't that bad. all ya gotta do is pay attention, about 80percent of the time, and do 80percent of the homework, don't get in trouble. and bam, your good.   easy as that.   the only bad thing about school is having to wake up so fucking early.
cheers.