Snakes on a Plane reviews

Started by whothrewthecake, Aug 19, 2006, 10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whothrewthecake

ok, dorothy mantooth and i saw it last night. who has seen it? it was so nuts. some really gross death scenes (read: cover your boobs and johnsons.) where is sweatboard for this???

doEVILslittle

it's pretty much the greatest B movie ever made. movie of the summer I say. So glad that they didn't take themselves seriously at all, they knew it was all camp right off the bat, but they still added a great deal of suspense and gore. plus there was a scene ripped right out of jurassic park. I was just waiting for sam jackson to say "hold on ta ya butts"

top notch stuff, and that's not even mentioning the predictable stuff such as snakes, sam jackson's temper....or that infamous line.

my favorite cheesy, unexplained  moment: how does a snake know to sabotage a plane's circuit board?

fitzcarraldo

I have never been to a movie where I was hootin and hollering throughout.  It's the kind of movie u can be Loud in the theater and so get away with it. And that's the fun of it.
Cuz always and everytime that iz a no no. Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!  ;D It is escapism and nothing more. And again  B Plus

fitzcarraldo

"This plane is going down faster than a Thai hooker."  ;D

Dorothy_Mantooth

samuel l's first line RULED without mercy. we yelled for that for a couple of minutes.

We saw it at Alamo Drafthouse here in Austin because they serve tasty beer. So you can imagine my excitement to find that they had special "Samuel L. Jackson Badass Ale" with the proper label and all.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

whothrewthecake

"OH GREAT SNAKES ON CRACK" - samuel l. jackson aka best actor known to walk this earth

dragonboy

Life Imitates Art at 'Snakes' Screening:
http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-08-23/

New Samuel L Jackson film Snakes On A Plane became terrifyingly real for Arizona cinema-goers when pranksters released two live rattlesnakes into the theatre, causing widespread panic. The two young venomous diamondback rattlers were released during a screening in Phoenix on Friday. Local news reports say the snakes caused chaos among the audience and snake wranglers were called in to collect them. No one was injured during the incident and the culprits have not been caught. Officials believe the snakes were smuggled into the theatre in backpacks. According to Phoenix Herpetological Society spokesman Daniel Marchand, "All they've got to do is startle this thing. It's dark. They can't see you that well. If it's scared - boom - it strikes!" The snakes were eventually captured and released into the Arizona desert.

::)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

FarmerYoda

i saw this last night... hooooly shit. best muthafucking movie i've ever seen in my muthafucking life.
i felt like i was stealing from the movie theater - it was five dollar tuesday and i felt like i should be paying more than 5 bucks to see a movie like THAT...

i love samuel l jackson.
and i loved the very last scene...

"It's my job to handle life and death situations on a daily basis. It's what I do, and I'm very good at it." samuel l jackson can do anything.
let's face it.

sweatboard

QuoteLife Imitates Art at 'Snakes' Screening:

New Samuel L Jackson film Snakes On A Plane became terrifyingly real for Arizona cinema-goers when pranksters released two live rattlesnakes into the theatre, causing widespread panic. The two young venomous diamondback rattlers were released during a screening in Phoenix on Friday. Local news reports say the snakes caused chaos among the audience and snake wranglers were called in to collect them. No one was injured during the incident and the culprits have not been caught. Officials believe the snakes were smuggled into the theatre in backpacks. According to Phoenix Herpetological Society spokesman Daniel Marchand, "All they've got to do is startle this thing. It's dark. They can't see you that well. If it's scared - boom - it strikes!" The snakes were eventually captured and released into the Arizona desert.

Now That is what I call 3D motherfuckers!!!!!!!!
There's Still Time.........

FarmerYoda

also, did anyone notice that an hour after the snakes had been released onto the plane some guy yells "SNAKES!!!!!!!!"... yes... they've been causing chaos for about an hour now, mister. where ya been?

people who haven't seen it, pay attention for that.
it was muthafuckin' hysterical.

i've been talking like samuel l jackson all day.

ycartrob

QuoteLife Imitates Art at 'Snakes' Screening:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0822talker-ON.html

fitzcarraldo

dragonboy

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0822talker-ON.html
" 'Snakes in a theater' turns out to be hoax."

I did wonder that when I read the original story.

"There is some shred of truth to the story, Phoenix police Sgt. Joel Tranter said. A 10-inch-long rattlesnake was found Friday in a hallway at AMC Desert Ridge 18, near Tatum Boulevard and Loop 101. But it likely slithered inside on its own, Tranter said."  ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.