Main Menu

RIP Pluto

Started by ycartrob, Aug 24, 2006, 11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Phew, I thought Mickey's dog had died for a minute there  :-/
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

primushead

Damn.

Well pluto is still a planet to me.  I'm not gonna let some 'scientist' from the Czech Republic tell me otherwise.

I'm here for you Pluto!

SMc55

What about those cute mnemonics? My favourite is Many Versatile Elephants Munched Juicy Sweets Upon New Plates. Common sense will prevail and it will remain a planet I'm confident  :-/. (Beautiful picture Tracy)

Angry Ewok

"...the International Astronomical Union stripped Pluto of the planetary status it has held since its discovery in 1930."

...and so there it was, Pluto was tossed out of the Astronimical Union Planetarium, and into the streets - where it lived out the rest of its life humiliated, and poverty-stricken.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

dragonboy

Not sure about anyone else but I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to Holst in the same way again...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

...& how will this will effect The Jacket's 09-08-01 show at the Planetarium? Will some of the tracks now be dis-allowed & stricken from the record?
Download from aMD's link whilst you still have chance!!!

ycartrob

QuoteWhat about those cute mnemonics? My favourite is Many Versatile Elephants Munched Juicy Sweets Upon New Plates. Common sense will prevail and it will remain a planet I'm confident  :-/. (Beautiful picture Tracy)

thanks. I took it that night I was close to Uranus...

ycartrob

you know, I am middle aged, but I really can't talk about Uranus without laughing a little inside. It's so juvenile, so Bevis and Butthead, so Wayne's World. But damnit, I cannot help it!

Sometimes at night I like to have a glass of Pinot and walk outside, stare into the starry sky and dream of being on Uranus...

sweatboard

Yeah I took the boys and girls club kids to the planetarium a couple of weeks ago and this 11 year old started asking the guy all these questions about Uranus.  Which I thought was really strange because he doesn't even know you.. ;D oh man, it never gets unfunny.  I had to laugh at the kid though because he was able to pretty much keep a straight face so the guy had to play along and try to answer the questions.  The kid was like......So, is it true that Uranus smells bad?  He had some other better ones but I can't remember them right now.
There's Still Time.........

ycartrob

QuoteNot sure about anyone else but I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to Holst in the same way again...

Holst did not have a piece for Pluto. However, I know for sure he did Uranus...In fact, I remember him saying Uranus was the tightest one of them all.

SMc55

Now people on the TV talk of 'you run us' to make it sound less rude I guess. Spoilsports. Do they do that in the US?

Angry Ewok

I've heard people pronounce it urine-us, but that sounds no better.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

This thread should continue to infiniti.

I am telling you, you guys are on fire today.  [glb]Tzzzssss![/glb]

LOL ;D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Coltrane

Maaaan, mutha fuckin' Pluto owes me money! ! ! !

....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

tomEisenbraun

sons of bitches. there goes everything i learned in elementary school.

they can't just do that.

sons of bitches.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

MMJ_fanatic

not really upset about this--guess I knew I would never visit it.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ycartrob

Quotenot really upset about this--guess I knew I would never visit it.

What? You have never paid a visit to Uranus? Wow. I met a ton of people who have been on Uranus, they say it's like heaven...

Meddle

Why does it have to be the moon of a planet. Can't it be it's own planet with no moons?
...And Some Are Angels...

sweatboard

Tracy, what about the reports of a Large Hemroid Belt surrounding Uranus?
There's Still Time.........