The University of Missouri is the greatest ever

Started by ycartrob, Sep 09, 2006, 10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

The Universtiy of Missouri is the greatest ever because:

1) The School of Journalism has the distinction of being the first journalism school in the world. It opened its doors on Sept. 14, 1908.

(2) In 2002, MU's Randall Prather along with Immerge BioTherapeutics, clones the first miniature swine with a specific gene that causes human rejection "knocked out" of their DNA. The feat takes scientists a step closer to the possibility of pig-to-human organ transplantation.

(3) In 1873, MU lecturer and Missouri State Entomologist Charles V. Riley helps save the French wine industry from a vine-ravaging aphid by grafting resistant Missouri rootstock onto French vines.

BH

Journalism, wine and new access to organs!   We can all get on board with that right?!

Very, very nice tracy.  A man of his word.    

You even schooled me on the pig organs.  I have heard the wine story.  Now that's important work! :)

I swear when we made this bet I was sure I would be losing.  Our team looks better than they ever have.  

Just because you were such a good sport, I'm going to read up just a little on Ole' Miss.  I did notice that the U of Miss Medical Center was the first to do a chimpanze to human heart transplant so we have something in common!  And they are my new favorite SEC team for sure. ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

Just got our huge color 2007 info. booklet in prep. for our fall break visit!
*first public university west of the Mississippi
*graduation rate is the highest of any public institution in Missouri
*4 out of 5 students are able to receive financial assistance
*student/faculty ratio of 18/1
*101 countries represented
*plaza 900 features an on stage area where you can watch the chefs make your made to order food
*more than 400 active student organizations
*4 pools
*18,000 sq. ft. fitness club
*juice bar
*the list goes on and on, I am starting to wish I went here rather than NAU!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

Nice TAO!  Has he decided yet for sure? I guess it's still early.  

They should have added to that list......

*A new and improved football team that finally doesn't blow it in the 4th quarter!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

He spent the nite at IU last evening and ended up staying in a lounge that was actually converted into a kid's room because the university had overbooked their housing! I think that experience has helped to sway him away from IU! (besides watching the game today) It was exciting to see clips from the campus, the columns etc.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary