Main Menu

wicked tix

Started by BIGVICLBI, Dec 01, 2011, 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGVICLBI

Anyone with some inside info on how to get good wicked tix? Planning on goin to NYC on Dec.10 (back again a couple days later) for my anniversary. Wife wants to see wicked, I looked on Craigslist but didn't know if anybody had any tips to share. Especially where to sit, if I have to pay extra I don't care as much as having crap seats.

Jaimoe

Why not phone the box office and buy tickets through the operator? I saw the original Broadway production of Wicked many years ago and had good seats by calling first. Great show and very different than the surprisingly challenging book.

BIGVICLBI

All the brokers have bought the seats. Only tix for sale are online at inflated prices. Figured there is no way they all get sold so was hoping for some last minute tix. Tried craigslist but a no go. I should probably switch to a weekday show and it will probably be alot easier.

mahg33ta

if you are willing to be flexible and risk it not working out, craigslist is pretty reliable for same day, next-day shows.   I was just in NYC and we were debating taking the family to lion king.   Ended up passing as it's so damn expensive but there were seats available.   A bunch popped up on ticketmaster too, including some great seats, even though there wasn't much when I first looked a week ago.