MMJ Cracks the Top Ten!

Started by pjmmj86, Jun 18, 2008, 12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms. yvon

WOOHOO!

also:  i think pieces sold refers to how many copies were shipped, not how many copies were actually sold in stores.

that what it what when i worked in a record store back in the day.

(totally unrelated but awesome:  brian eno's baby's on fire is playing on the radio right now!!  holy cow!)
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

marino13

#37 this week.  From the article, #35 sold 14K, so it looks like 13-14K for our boys, and about 80K after three weeks.

I hate to say it, but a Gold record is a long, long shot at this point, unless a crossover single comes out.

The DARK

Quote#37 this week.  From the article, #35 sold 14K, so it looks like 13-14K for our boys, and about 80K after three weeks.

I hate to say it, but a Gold record is a long, long shot at this point, unless a crossover single comes out.

Don't count it out. Z sold 200,000+ records, and that was considered pretty low because of all the computer issues. I'm Amazed is being played all the time on my local radio station, and sales will probably remain steady throughout the tour, and increase when the end of year best-of's come out.

Thank You Too also has single potential.
In another time, in another place, in another face

Don Dante

#65 this week.  Number 29 only sold 17K this week.  So just an educated guess would be around 8K this week for our boys.  Was just recrunching the numbers and I'm thinking the total should be something like this...

Week 1:  49K
Week 2:  21K
Week 3:  13K
Week 4:   8K

Total:  91K

Again, just a guesstimation.  Not a bad number in today's economy/industry, and well on its way to becoming their best selling album to date.  Keep in mind that CD's were selling at a much better rate just 5 years ago, when ISM was released.  And DARK made a good point; considering steady radio play and U.S. tour coming soon, plus another (or two more) potential singles, sales should remain steadier than many records in the 50-100 range right now.

Here's to breaking 100K!
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

BH

65!  Come on people!  I'm telling you, they will make great Halloween Tricks and Treats.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Week 1: #9
Week 2: #24
Week 3: #37
Week 4: #65
Week 5: #73

Starting to hold steady a bit more eh?  If it can float around the 70's for awhile it may hit Gold yet!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.