FAMILY GUY!!

Started by funkyasfleasbass, Nov 11, 2006, 12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funkyasfleasbass

QuoteBalzary Trumpet Fiasco

as in Mike "Flea" Balzary, right
absolute kick ass bassist (and accomplished trumpeteer)
and im walkin' on down the road, and it cant be hell cause the streets are gold

SiOuxTribe

I know, im a full-fledge RHCP head.  
If I was given an educational stamp on them, I would either have a high masters or doctorate on their history and music.
and another one for John Frusciante's solo work.

In fact, when I was in a funk band, I played bass in it....listen to how much I 'borrowed' from Flea.

http://www.myspace.com/nakedpersuasion
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

red

IMO, Family Guy is one of the worst animated 'adult' shows.  Give me Futurama baby!

dragonboy

I'm watching the latest DVD box set at the moment.
I'm a huge fan but I must confess that the show has seen better days IMO. It still has it's moments but it seems to me that they're just going out of their way to push the limits now, which is cool but they need to remember that the show has to be funny too...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ManNamedTruth

I don't care for the new stuff either. The first few seasons were brilliant though.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

funkyasfleasbass

QuoteI know, im a full-fledge RHCP head.  
If I was given an educational stamp on them, I would either have a high masters or doctorate on their history and music.
and another one for John Frusciante's solo work.

In fact, when I was in a funk band, I played bass in it....listen to how much I 'borrowed' from Flea.

http://www.myspace.com/nakedpersuasion

I play bass to, and most of my inspiration comes from Flea, or John Paul Jones. I have all of their albums, and tons of their rare songs, everything is so good! youve probablly also read, "Scar Tissue", Anthonys biography too. Man , they did some crazy stuff
and im walkin' on down the road, and it cant be hell cause the streets are gold

primushead

QuoteI don't care for the new stuff either. The first few seasons were brilliant though.

Agreed.  These days, they rely too much on "Remember the time?" sequences.  And when they do the flashbacks, they're too fucking random to be funny or non-funny.  They really need to add something to their writing, because the first three seasons were soooooooo well done.

South Park all the way, for me.  It's by far my favorite show on TV, period.

red

South Park pegged Family Guy absolutely perfect.  Manatees, haha.

Tree

"A 20-minute call to Larchmont? Who do we know in Larchmont?-...-Yes, right. Right. Carol. Yes. That's right. How is Carol?"

My favorite Family-Guy-quote!  I watch this scene every time I put the DVD in. ;D

Angry Ewok

Kevin Federline: Magic mirror, how can I look like a douchebag today?

Peter: Well Kevin, um first of all, I would say don't shave and don't shower.

Kevin: Ok, I won't.

Peter: And you just got out of bed, right?

Kevin: Yeah.

Peter: Uh, I would say just go ahead and wear that tank top all day.

Kevin: Um...ok.

Peter: So let's see, we covered the hygiene, no collared shirts... um... oh! Don't forget to walk around with an undeserved sense of accomplishment.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.