Can I get a beard update, Tom? Hellloooo!!!!!!

Started by ycartrob, Jan 15, 2007, 09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

What an asshole. First he cuts up his beard, then he totally forsakes us?
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

sweatboard

QuoteOK... so he's not dead. There is internet proof out there on a certain networking site that shows that he logged in a couple of days ago.

So this poses the question... why does he hate us so much?

I hope it's not because I grew a better beard than him.
There's Still Time.........

FarmerYoda

i talked to him a few days ago. he said he was taking a break. i think it's understandable. i should take one.
everyone should.

ycartrob

Quotei talked to him a few days ago. he said he was taking a break. i think it's understandable. i should take one.
everyone should.

Oh, I agree. However, it would be pretty decent if you alerted your fan base that you are taking a break. I have been running over these catastrophic events that ended Tom over and over and over in my head.  [smiley=embarassed.gif]

Glad he's OK.

tomEisenbraun

haha, good lord, i haven't been around here in way too long.

after i was internet-less for about a week, i came back and didn't feel like getting caught back up with all the mmj news, and the new forum look is throwin me off a little bit. that and i've got a ton of reading to be doing for this semester, so i just figured i'd disappear for a little while. not to mention that the blasphemous happened...i don't feel it when i listen to mmj anymore. i overplayed em. remember my break back before the ryman? this is way different. it wasn't planned, i just kind of fizzled out. i need to just forget about the music for a while, because i've got this vision in my head of the music i want to hear, and i'm realizing more and more that only i can make it happen. which is frustrating, but really makes me hope a lot about the future of what i can make musically. but because of this, it means that i've only been listening to three people, Nick Drake, Nicolai Dunger, and Clutch. There's something inside of each three of those that moves me intensely. I think right now, Jim's lyrics are too vague for me to attach to. I think I know too much about them, too, if that makes any sense. In any sense, my obsession with the band led to me knowing too much about the music, and in that sense, I wound up losing the personal meaning from the songs. They weren't shrouded in mystery anymore, it turned into a fact-finding expedition. I want to regain that with this band, and I hope it'll happen, but as of right now, I don't want to waste my time trying to feel something that I just won't be able to feel.

So I'm looking elsewhere, working on creating my own music, and delving into different musical catalogs. I think Jim makes beautiful music, and i'm not trashing the band by any means, but I need a serious break from em. It's liek when you spend a week with your extended family, and by the end, even though you love them to death, you're just dying to get out of there and have some time to yourself again. And i just need to have that time away fromt he Jacket. You can bet i'll be there in a heartbeat if they play nashville sometime soon, but i just need some serious time off.

As for my beard, there is no current photo, but i sheared my face completely bald on December 29th to meet my lady's family (I figured clean shaven was better than a week's stubble) with the intent of growin the sucker out after that. I've been growing strong since then, and in March, I'm going to be a part of Make-A-Wash-Stache March, where one of our dorms is sponsoring a Stache-A-Thon where you get people to sponsor with a certain amount of money for every day you keep your moustache, and the goal is to raise $2500 to send to the Make-A-Wish foundation in order to sponsor one kids wish. So I'll lose my beard, but I'll be a part of making some kid's dream come true, so it'll be worth it. There'll definitely be some good pictures there. And I think it's fully time I delve into what this stache can do.

So sorry I've been gone so long. I probably still won't be around too awfully much, I've been crazy busy, but thank you for being concerned. And if any of you were wondering, Paige is an absolutely beautiful girl, and our relationship is something i still marvel at. God really works strangely and blesses in ways we couldn't ever rightfully pray for.

So that's where I'm at. If anybody's got some good musical advice to take, I'll listen to it. I'm just needin somethin down to earth right now.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

dragonboy

Good to hear from you Tom, here's wishing you all the best with your music & studies etc.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Chills

Inspiring post. Maybe we should all take a break? I'm thinking about picking a new career to fill the existential void.
The fresh air will do me good.

Either herding sheep:

Or making wine:

:)

Good luck with your music Tom. Keep listening to Nick Drake.

dragonboy

That top pic is great Chills.
I should spend (waste) less time on the internet, that's for sure  :-[
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Chills

QuoteThat top pic is great Chills.
I should spend (waste) less time on the internet, that's for sure  :-[

My dad took both of those pictures.

But hey, you're right about spending less time on the internet. It is a good idea. Make it a late New Year's resolution :)

Though I bet I'll be back here soon enough  ::)

dragonboy

QuoteBut hey, you're right about spending less time on the internet. It is a good idea.
I'm going off line right now!

Chills

QuoteBut hey, you're right about spending less time on the internet. It is a good idea.
I'm going off line right now!

Me too! Ah, into the real world! Scary  ;)

megisnotreal

tom! i'm glad you're alive and well.

let me know when this stash-a-thon goes down, and i will sponsor you.

ycartrob

QuoteIf anybody's got some good musical advice to take, I'll listen to it. I'm just needin somethin down to earth right now.

Really? OK, how 'bout:

I left the latest releases off (and the 1st, which was Peartless) b/c I don't want to overwhelm you.

tomEisenbraun

i forget to mention my new found Rush appreciation, actually. carress of steel rocks and  I've been kind of addicted to Hemispheres. Especially Cygnus Book II.

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

QuoteI've been kind of addicted to Hemispheres. Especially Cygnus Book II.
yes. solid.

dragonboy

Quote...it means that i've only been listening to three people, Nick Drake, Nicolai Dunger, and Clutch.
New Clutch single here: http://www.culturebully.com/
Reminds me of Five Horse Johnson...