College B-Ball '06-'07

Started by primushead, Oct 30, 2006, 12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

Dammit Virginia Tech!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

ycartrob

well, well, well. look who was picked to finish last in the SEC west but climbed into first place tonight after beating LSU

primushead

Way to go Heels!  What a game too.  Boston College gave us a run for the money.

How about Florida losing to Vanderbilt too?  That's some crazy shit right there.

primushead

Well, here we are in the midst of Judgment week. With selection sunday only 2 weeks (ish) away, who do you think will be in?  Other than the obvious really good ones, (i.e. Tar Heels ;D) what bubble teams will or won't make the cut?

I think Louisville should definitely be in after a few key wins.  I don't think Ok. State will make it.  And, even though I was hoping for the best, it looks like Duke should be in.  

Anyone else feeling the March Madness bug?

the jenerator

I think we can probably guess that the Cats are going to suck it up and down the court, oh wait, they just stand around these days anyhow....sorry, but from a lifelong fan, the performances of last few games...totally unacceptable...somebody give those boys a redbull or something...
don't stop till you get enough...

aMD

#1 vs #2 on Sunday.  Go bucks!!!  A win guarantees them a #1 seed in the tourney.

Also, in the world of high school b-ball.  Future superstar AJ Moyo and his Huntington High team takes on the number ranked team in the country. 7:00 tonight on ESPN2

The DARK

Clemson won't make it. At least, they shouldn't. 18 straight wins aren't 18 straight wins if they're all against mid-major teams in it for the money.
In another time, in another place, in another face

ycartrob

QuoteWell, here we are in the midst of Judgment week. With selection sunday only 2 weeks (ish) away, who do you think will be in?  Other than the obvious really good ones, (i.e. Tar Heels ;D) what bubble teams will or won't make the cut?
I think Louisville should definitely be in after a few key wins.  I don't think Ok. State will make it.  And, even though I was hoping for the best, it looks like Duke should be in.  
Anyone else feeling the March Madness bug?

I can't remember a time when so many bubble teams have such horrible conference records (losing/.500 records in conference).

Maryland, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Florida St, West Virginia, Michigan St, Alabama,  Illinois, Oregon could all get the magic 20 wins and still have a .500 or less record in conference play.

I think the mid majors get rewarded again while the big conference teams don't get in (so much) with their losing conference records.

aMD

Hopefully the selection committee will learn a lesson from last year and let more midmajors in in lieu of mediocre major conference teams.  George Mason was one lost from not making the tourney last year and you saw what happened.

Go bucks!

primushead

Florida lost last night.  That means 3 losses in a row.  I like it.

EAZYE

Not a good time to hit the skids.  I don't think they can repeat.  When was the last time somebody repeated?  Gregg?
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

ycartrob

Last back to back:

1992 Duke def. Michigan 71-51
1991 Duke def. Kansas 72-65

(1990 UNLV def. Duke 103-73)

complete list here>   http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/mayhem/history/yearbyyear

Taterbug

I'm not big on seeing video of sports injuries. They are like a car crash, you can't stop watchin.
I saw the elbow injury to brian butch of wisconsin
here is the link, VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzr2khUfxXQ

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

primushead

Yes, unfortunately Duke was the last back to back team.  But, I'll give them props, as it is VERY hard to do back to back championships (especially in the tourneys of today).  

I saw that game, too, where dude dislocated his elbow.  It didn't look good. :-/

The Big Come Up

College Bball this year has bored me pretty much, seeing as how my team (UCONN) has been pretty much awful. Now im rooting for pretty much anyone playing duke.

primushead

Dammit!!!!!

What the fuck is wrong with the tar heels?!?!?!   >:( >:( >:(

aMD

QuoteDammit!!!!!

What the fuck is wrong with the tar heels?!?!?!   >:( >:( >:(

they suck.

Sorry, that was just too easy.

Go Buckeyes!

EAZYE

Where the hell is 3G Gregg? :-?   UNC vs. Duke in about 3 hours and gregg isn't on here dissing the dukies    WTF?    That last loss to Georgia Tech must still have his balls in his stomach.  
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

primushead

QuoteWhere the hell is 3G Gregg? :-?   UNC vs. Duke in about 3 hours and gregg isn't on here dissing the dukies    WTF?    That last loss to Georgia Tech must still have his balls in his stomach.  

I would've been here, but I was at work.  Luckily I got off to see most of the game.  And what a game it was.  I'm just gonna go ahead and get the foul at the end of the game thing out of the way.  

Was it intentional?  Probably not...but did you see how hard Hansbrough got smacked?  With 15 seconds left?  It seems fishy...

I won't give too much flak to Henderson though.  I don't really think he jumped up meaning to hit him, but in the end, it doesn't matter because Duke lost and Carolina has a #1 seed in the ACC tourney.  

Man.  What a day.

The DARK

Duke #7 in tourney also!

Unforunately, my Gamecocks are last in the conference right now. Looks like we won't be going for an NIT championship 3-peat ::)
In another time, in another place, in another face